*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085026-The-Last-Wish-prologue
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2085026
A young man, who is shrouded in mystery, crosses paths with a boy with strange abilities.
The sun beat down on the sands of the desert, With a blue,cloudless sky above. In the distance, atop a sand dune, was a young man staring out into the vast desert. Taking a long look at his surroundings, the young man sees nothing but sand, and the occasional rock or cactus. No sign of any other travelers or any town within sight. With that the man thought of what to do next, he had been walking for quite some time and has found himself lost in the scorching desert. "I can't keep walking aimlessly, I have to pick a direction and stick to it.", he said. To pick a direction he stuck his finger in his mouth, then pointed up to find which way the winds where blowing. The wind blew east so that's the direction the young man decided to travel towards, hoping that it would lead him to civilization.

With nothing in sight, the man started to feel despair. "These sands stretch on forever. If I don't reach a place with water soon I'm done for." he said with exhausted breath. The young man reached for his canteen for water, drinking the last of what he had. Spotting a large rock jutting out of the ground, the man takes a break. He sits down and takes of his pack that's he's been carrying. Growing tired, he puts the pack down and rests his head on it, "Maybe I'll take a nap to get my strength back." He says as he yawns.
© Copyright 2016 Berriblanc (narukiba15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085026-The-Last-Wish-prologue