*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085289-Condemning
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2085289
Who are you in the world?

         Wind whispered though out this golden lit city, I, peering off this monstrously sky high building, looking over all the innocent pure life links and devilish souls. Seeing what my new task would be for the day. Who am I, you must wonder? Well I am you, human, well at least I was at one point, among those who love and hate. I never was an ordinary human who sits and watches TV for hours on end, and for that I rescue those who cannot help themselves, and in return they have named me Ms. Integrity.
         As I sit here looking off the steep edge, I hear a faint cry. Drip. Drip. Drip. I hear as the soft tears implode onto the floor, carrying desperate calls for help in each drop. As I jump from roof top to roof top, in search for the victim who beholds those calls. I stop and take in my surroundings wondering what my next big leap, or meager step will be, then I hear a slight wail coming from the opposite direction becoming more deafening by the second as it expeditiously comes my way. Ambulance. Why are they here, the authorities are never usually dealing with my business? As I ponder that question I seem to find myself awestruck standing confused in front of the sufferers vacant window. I swiftly bring my finger up to the window and lightly plunk my finger against the glass creating an echoing sound radiating throughout the room until it hits the martyrs ears. When she spots me she immediately drops this undesirable object that was obtained in her delicate hands and was once close to her pale wrist, and as the sun reflects off it, it winks at me through the window in the distance. As she swiftly moves her withered body from her feeble position, across the cold stained wooden floor, to open the ajar clouded window of which I am on the adverse side of. Her swollen tired doe brown eyes could tell a story that would turn you. As I embrace her to relieve the pain that has been piled upon her fragile, tremendous heart, I place my hand over her heart, close her eyes, and drag out all her hurt and pain. I always hate this part, even though I would never trade it for the world, where I have to relive every pain and tragedy this person has gone through, and make it a memory of my own. As I lean back I look into her now glistening eyes, tilt her chin up and kiss her forehead, and guide her way to her bed to let her rest. I make my way across her room and back out the window, taking one last glance at her before I make my way onto the next victim. I reach the window and turn around to see a faint smile spread across her face as she finally falls asleep with no nightmares taunting her well-known-to-fear mind. All those little things just make it all worth the extra pain in the end.



© Copyright 2016 Marcella (marci754 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085289-Condemning