*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085774-Wolf
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2085774
not sure where this will go but i got this from a writing prompt. haven't finished it.
He looked at me and growled, "A talking wolf is the least of your concerns, behind you, I turned and behind me was a figure in a black cloak. The only thing I could see was its white teeth.
"Who are you?" I called out into the night.
I walked toward the figure, only to find out that there was no one there. Clearly my mind was playing tricks on me. It was playing about the figure, but the wolf still stood there on the rock. It had sat down when it saw me walk off.
"You aren't crazy. I saw the figure too. It didn't smell right. But you. You smell of wolves." said the wolf.
{}It was rather handsome for a wolf. His fur was brown around the edges and a molted gray along his body. His eyes were dark, almost black but around the edges there were flecks of light brown.
"How is it that we can understand and speak to each other?" I asked.
"We can understand werewolves. You must be a werewolf. Or maybe you are something older than a werewolf. I have never seen or spoken to one of these. I wouldn't be able to tell you about it. If you are brave, and show no fear, the elders in my pack can tell you more about it." said the wolf as he turned toward me.
After I shook off my shock, I got closer to the wolf. It felt a little weird that I was in the woods talking to a wolf. He was actually nicer than some of the men I had met.
"How is it that I can talk to you? Can I do this with dogs too or just wolves?" I asked the wolf. He turned and looked at me. He seemed to be searching for something, but what. This was all new to me. I did have a dog, but Sena never spoke to me.
"No you cant speak to dogs this way but they will answer you eventually. My name is Felan. I need to tell you how we greet each other. it looks scary to a human but, we put our front paws up on our pack members shoulders and gently take their muzzle in our mouth. "
I looked at him and laughed.
I was a human woman, how was I going to greet a wolf, by putting their muzzle in my mouth? Maybe this wasnt such a good idea. I looked like the perfect horror movie scream queen. I had long raven dark hair that i usually wore in two braids. My favorite thing to do was head outside so i was a warm cinnamon brown. I had long legs and no matter how i tried to hide it, a curvy figure. It was a little cold tonight so I wore one of my boyfriends hoodies over my t shirt and shorts.
Felan looked confused. He sat down again and looked up at me.
"This is the greeting we give each other. Sorry about that, i nearly forgot you arent a wolf. this is something i never thought of. I'd better get an elder to come to you. Where is your home?" Felan asked cocking his head to the side.
"I live near Airman's Hollow. Do you know where that is?" I asked scratching my head.
Felan's pack had a large territory. it was funny , I never knew about wolves in the area until I met Felan. I was fascinated


© Copyright 2016 chcltroses (chcltroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2085774-Wolf