*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086717-The-tale-of-Jacob
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2086717
This a short story about a guy called Jacob.
Jacob was a fairly normal teenager. He was 17 years old, lived in Wolverhampton with both parents, had two older sisters who were twins and a younger brother. He also had a few good friends, and had managed to get a girlfriend and stay with her for a while. As a matter of fact, it was their two year anniversary.

Jacob woke up, feeling very good. He leaped out of bed and threw his curtains open, allowing the sun to stream in through the window. He could faintly hear birds chirping. He then heard his phone vibrate. When he looked at it, he discovered he had gotten a text from his girlfriend, Jessica. It said to meet her as soon as possible because she had something special planned.

Jacob was so excited. He got dressed quickly into a pair of jeans and plain blue t-shirt. He rushed downstairs, seeing a bowl of cereal already prepared for him. As he was finishing his breakfast his father walked in. "Good morning son."

"Morning dad." Jacob replied happily. "Gotta go, Jessica's planned something."

His father chuckled. "Well, remember to be back early tonight. It's Taco Tuesday."

"I will dad. See you later." With that, Jacob left the house. He paused for a moment, breathing in the fresh air before murmuring "Today's going to be a good day." Jacob began to cross the road to make his way to Jessica's house.

Unfortunately, Jacob was hit by a truck because he forgot to look both ways. He died in hospital the next day. Everybody misses Jacob.
© Copyright 2016 Greatdragon (thegreatdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086717-The-tale-of-Jacob