*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086879-Flapper-Girls
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · LGBTQ+ · #2086879
Revised Edition - Chapters One through Three
Chapter One
Meet Caz Stone


Friday, October 24, 2014

It was my thirtieth birthday. I was in a mental slump, because I was lonely. I thought by now, I would be in love and married. My name is Caz Stone and God is one of my best friends. I held the railing at the light house, I prayed for courage, strength, protection, a sexy girlfriend, and a record deal with Jennifer Knapp. It was my birthday after all; I thought I could be a little greedy with my requests. A gust of cold air whipped around blowing sand into my eyes. I took it as a sign from God.

Feeling defeated, I sighed and moseyed to my Jeep. I needed to get back to work, but now that God said no to one of my requests – my mood had not improved. I am here every Friday and this is my first disappointment. I should not have been so greedy. I am afraid Jennifer Knapp would call this afternoon and offer me a contract deal, because I knew God would not be sending me that sexy girlfriend I truly desired. However, if Jennifer Knapp did call, that would be cool too. But, I would still be alone.

I climbed into my jeep and I felt God speak to me, “I have given you so much. Why do you ignore my gifts?” I shrugged as I started the Jeep, “Lord, I am tired of feeling ashamed and alone. I am lonely. So, let me sing with Jennifer or send me someone who loves me.” As I pulled out of my parking space, I suddenly felt a weight had been lifted and joy re-entered my soul. I smiled to God and said, “Thank you. You have given me so many things to be thankful for.”
I pulled into my reserved parking space and exhaled air from my lungs and said, “Let me knock the rest of this day out of the park!” I exited the Jeep and proudly looked at my company, LPS. I co-own a small distribution center that delivers pet supplies to animals across the mid-west region. My business partner, Robert Marshall is a strong, handsome devil with a keen sense of marketing skills. Our talents together have helped frame our company into a little bit of success for us and our local community.

My eyes spotted a stunning woman standing outside the lobby. The woman appeared to be looking for someone. I watched her pull out her phone and examine it for a moment. I approached and asked, “Hi, may I help you?” Her smile knocked me for a loop. Her soft facial features begged to be caressed. Her kissable lips shaded in pink. I scolded myself, “Get yourself together.”

“Caz Stone?”

I nodded as I took in her warm, hazel eyes. I smiled holding out my hand. “Yes?”

She sandwiched my hand with hers and smiled again, but does not release my hand. I felt a hot sensation travel through my body.

“Caz. I am Alexandria Tampin, but, please call me Alex.” I wanted to marry this woman. I never knew love at first sight existed until that very second.

I am completely entranced with the woman. I needed to stop staring and find out why she was still holding my hand. But, I liked the sensation of her smooth, warm hands. My heart continued to pound in my chest. I finally sputtered out words, “It is nice to meet you Alex. Are you looking for a position with LPS?”

With a shake of her head she answered, “No. I was just hoping to meet you.”

Oh, she must be here for business. Of course, she is here for business, Caz. We are standing in front of your company. “Were you interested in becoming a Vendor? What does your company make?” I asked.

“Uh, no, honestly, I noticed you at a fundraiser this past summer we have a mutual friend, Nicole Adams. She had mentioned that you were single and I was hoping that we could go out for a drink or dinner tonight?” She steadied her eye contact with me bit her lip and waited for my response.

Is the woman serious? She did ask me out, right? Did God send me Alex? No, there had to be another explanation. I scanned my surroundings, waited for someone to scream Happy Birthday Sucker! And, then it hit me. Robert Marshall was behind this.

Suddenly, I felt my wits return. I knew this woman was not interested in me, but she was the ploy to get me to my birthday party. I smiled and nodded my head. “Okay, I know what is going on here. Robert told you to ask me out. I refused a birthday party so now he wants to throw me a surprise party. Holding my hand and getting my heart pumping. I knew it was too good to be true even though I had just prayed for a sexy girlfriend. Wow. You and Robert are good.”

Alex’s eyes grew wide then smiled. “Caz, I don’t know Robert. Honey, I am seriously asking you out. I just finally got up the nerve to meet you. But, now we have to go out for drinks tonight to celebrate your birthday unless of course you don’t find me attractive then I will accept a no.” She tossed me a sly smile.

Oh, I liked how she played this game. I chuckled and said, “I would be an absolute fool for not meeting you for drinks.” I knew how to play with the lady. I’ll go to the party. I will act surprised. I will even hide the truth that I knew the whole time.
“Can I pick you up or would you prefer to meet me?” She asked.

“I would rather meet you. You know you can’t be too careful, “Stranger Danger!” I felt my eye balls pop out of my sockets. I could not believe I just said that out loud. I shook off my anxiety. I calmly asked, “Alex, where are you taking me?”

She released my hand and then my hand felt bare, it was missing an appendage or something. Alex quickly answered, “How about that marina bar a couple of blocks away at seven o’clock?”

“The Lake House, I would be happy to meet you at seven.“

She leaned in to me. She was so close I could smell her perfume, I tried to figure out her scent. The fragrance was light with lilies, jasmine and possibly strawberries. Could that be right? She whispered in my ear, “Don’t be late, Caz.” She gave me that sexy smile of hers again and strolled to the parking lot.

I focused on her legs as she walked away. Okay, that was a lie. It was her tight ass I wanted to see. Wow, good job Robert, you certainly have out done yourself this year.

CHAPTER TWO
The Stalker


Every Friday, she stands on this pier, holding the rails. She does not stay long ten minutes at most, before leaving; she looks to the sky and smiles.

I have watched her for months now. It was her smile that captivated me. Her smile was not secretive, sly, or nervous, but pure happiness. I became curious to see how one woman can always be happy. I have become obsessed with her, because I do not understand where her happiness comes from.

How is it possible to always be happy? One day, I observed her giving money to a homeless man and her smile had been contagious. This intrigued me, so I stayed and watched the homeless man to see how long her happiness affected him. I followed him for that day the poor soul wondered the city for a day, waving to folks, smiling. I wanted this happiness she possessed and gave away so freely. I approached her once, her eyes showed fear at first, but a moment later, her smile grew and I felt a little peace. The happiness I experienced only lasted for a couple of minutes. It did not last the entire day as I had witnessed from the homeless man.

How dare he receive her happiness? The man had no home, family nor any money and he was able to feel free. Killing him was the only option I had. He had robbed me of my happiness. Taking a life; quiets my inner voice for a couple of hours or maybe a day, but someone will ruin it and the voice will be my focus again. I had been robbed of losing the voice after slicing a prostitute’s throat when another whore screamed after witnessing me take her friend’s life. I was not as nice to that prostitute, the voice had returned, her murder had been brutal and I must say; the voice remained quiet for three days.

Today, I neglected to see her approach the pier. I was too busy thinking of her. I needed to see my girl’s smile; life had meaning and purpose. I inhaled air to take pleasure in the moment I anticipated the impression of her happiness; however, today she disappointed me. She was frowning. My girl does not frown. I have watched her for six months now and not one single, damn frown. I must find who stole this woman’s happiness and remove that obstacle from her life. I needed to follow her. I would help her, because she was mine. I refused the voice that wanted her to suffer.
My girl left, I almost did not get a chance to find out which vehicle belonged to her. Then I witnessed her smile again in a bright yellow Jeep. I wondered why she decided to smile at that moment. She pulled out of the lot and I loved that I could trail behind her from a half a mile away. I should have done this months ago. She had always intrigued me. I have often wondered who she was or where she goes. But, I knew I would have all my answers soon.

I watched her pull into the Distribution Warehouse parking lot, LPS moved in about five years ago. The business had always amazed me that it was still here. It was a lovely spot for a warehouse, right in the industrial park with water front views. I pulled into the YMCA across the street to have a direct view to the front office entrance. I waited. What was she wearing today? I had to replay my memory, oh yes, jeans with a blazer. I was never sure how I liked how she styled her hair. She could have long, beautiful curls, but she kept it short and messy. A lot of the women I worked with have the similar style. I have always wondered why women grow it out long for us men to appreciate their beauty. If it weren’t for her smile, I would have never noticed her. She blends in well with all the women her age.

I watched her talk to an attractive woman with dark hair. The stranger looked too professional to be in the area. They must have been friends, because they were holding hands. It was the first time, I ever witnessed my girl talk to anyone. She wanted to use her hands to talk, but the woman would not let go of her hand. Why was she holding my girl’s hand? But, I was happy my girl was smiling again. It angered me that she had frowned at the pier.
Her friend leaned in to give her a hug, no, she wanted to tell her something. Whatever she told her really surprised my girl. But, my girl watched her friend leave. I debated if I should follow her friend or stay and watch the Jeep. I decided to stay. My girl had not given me the answers I desired. As soon, as my girl entered the building, I investigated the parking lot. I saw she parked in front of sign, I wanted to see her name.

CHAPTER THREE
Caz


Later that afternoon, I worked on my heaping piles of paperwork, Robert finally showed his handsome face. He stopped into my doorway, holding a birthday balloon and started to sing high and off-key, “Happy Birthday.”

I chuckle at his untalented voice and said “God gave you many talents, but singing was not one of them, my friend.”

He shrugged and said, “Well…we can’t have everything. As a baby, I had the choice of a sexy singing voice or a big dick. Guess, what I chose?” He cocked a smile and winked at me. I never understood why he continued to remind me of the size of his penis. He knew I was gay.

“A big ego?” I asked as I rolled my eyes.

He laughed sarcastically at my mockery, stopped abruptly raised his eyebrow said, “That too.” He sat down on my leather couch and grabbed the remote and turned on the television set and started flipping through all the channels.

“Roberto! Make yourself at home. Is there anything I can get you?” I rarely ever call him by his name. I liked to call him all sorts of stuff, most names I keep to myself.

He avoided my sarcasm and responded, “Yes, a beer.” I rolled my eyes at him. I walked to my little fridge that I kept in my office and pulled out a bottle of his beer. I popped the top off and handed him the bottle.

“Thank you, Caz. Now, my feet are killing me. Rub them hard for me.” He looked at me and looked at his feet, and cocked a smile.

I ignored him. Paperwork was calling my name. I looked down at the work I want completed before I left for the night. I cursed under my breath. I wanted this week-end for myself.

“Hey, I found us another vendor today. They are located in Chicago. They make furniture and they started a new line for dog beds. I am driving there tonight they invited me to their store tomorrow to check out their luxury beds.”
“I don’t think you should drive to Chicago after the party.”

He stopped flipping channels and brought the remote to his cheek. “What?” He shook his head. “Last week, I brought up a party and you said, no. You wanted to just go home and diddle with your kitty like all the other lesbians.”

I was dizzy with the eye rolls this afternoon, “It’s amazing what you hear, when I said, “I just want to hang out at home.”

“Yes, it is one of my many talents, interpreting the lesbian language and translating it for mankind.” I knew this man was a jackass.

I shook my head at Robert ignored his sarcasm once again. I knew exactly what I wanted to squeeze hard on his body.
“Well, why did you have this gorgeous brunette ask me to The Lake House a couple hours ago if there is no surprise party?”

He looked at me with puzzlement in his eyes and simply asked, “What?”

I smiled and said, “Gosh, you are good. I met Alexandria Tampin outside and she invited me out for drinks tonight. I am meeting her at seven at The Lake House.”

He closed his eyes and shook his head, “My lesbian translator must be on the fritz. Is that code for your period? Instead of calling it an Alexandria Tampon how about a bloody Mary?” He snapped his fingers and continued, “This bloody Mary is giving me the cramps or Damn you, bloody Mary for ruining my sex life.” He dramatically pumped his fist in the air.

I closed my eyes to think of puppies and kitties or I would have killed the guy with my bare hands for ruining a perfect drink.
“Listen to me Bob, it is not code for anything. I said, her last name was Tampin.”

He shrugged and said, “I don’t know her, but why would I have a beautiful woman ask you out? What fun would that be for me?”

His argument was valid. He would not have had a beautiful woman ask me out. The man had been verbally hostile towards me when I came out to him four years ago. He actually had a singing gorilla come to the office. I don’t know why the gorilla had to sing, but that is how I remember coming out to him. If anything, Robert would have an old butch that smell like a pine tree ask me for a date just to get a rise out of me.

My smile brightened as I realized that a woman I instantly wanted to marry had asked me out. A much better birthday present anyway than a record deal. I saluted to God and said, “Nice job!”

At six thirty. I began to get a little antsy. I walked into my bathroom to look at myself in a full length mirror. I was a little short for my weight, but God had gifted me with big boobs and a full round butt. I think I must have asked for big boobs instead of three more inches of height. My mother and sister are 5’7, but they have no boobs nor butt. So, I guess at 5’4 I can have the boob and butt package.

I have curly light brown hair that I get high-lighted blonde every six weeks. A tiny button nose. Ten years ago, I had Lasik Eye surgery so I did not have to wear my coke bottle glasses anymore. I used to be near sighted and could not see past my hand when it was directly in front of my face. My dating life and looks improved without those things hiding my adorable features. However, five years ago my dating life came to a screeching halt after a bad experience with an ex-girlfriend. I decided I had to dive into work and forget about the needs of intimacy.

I am cute, but not gorgeous. I have full cheeks, full luscious lips with dark brown eyes. I got all of my father’s characteristics. In fact, my boobs and butt are from his sisters. My mom has long, thin straight hair. My sister, Sam has a little wave to her thick hair. I craved her hair. My hair was a hot mess and I never knew what to do with it. I kept it short to avoid curls from hell. I was sure my mom thinks that I keep it short to let the world know I am a lesbian.

We don’t see eye to eye on my lifestyle. In fact, we don’t even communicate. The day that I told her I was gay was the last day I saw her. I moved out when I was eighteen. Even my sister had been happy to see me leave.

However, contrary to the stereotype of looking gay, I did not want to look like a lesbian to find a date. I wanted to look like me. I wanted to look like a professional business woman however, with my boob size, I found women’s clothing too wrong for my body. To hide the look of buttons stretched out to the max. I covered them with a blazer. It was not a sexy look. I studied myself and said, “Well, Okay.” I sighed. It was too late to get pretty for Alex.

My cat, Bob lives at the company. He looks like a miniature bob cat and his name fits his personality. He only lives on the fifth floor of the company with Robert, Melissa my assistant. And, of course myself. Robert actually has a larger office than I do, but I sacrificed room to give Melissa her own personal space outside my office. She was on vacation today or I would have had her investigate the sexy Alex Tampin.

I gave Bob a few treats and scratched his head. He was lying on top of my filing cabinet looking out the window. He loved that perch. And, I think he loved living here at the office. He does not have any other cats interfering with his momma’s loving. At home, I have three other cats that Bob terrorized. He would not let the other cats near me and resented the fact that I needed other cats in my life. I put away all my breakables and files before I left the office. I knew Bob will destroy everything in his way while he hunted at night.

I turned the television to Animal planet and threw his favorite blanket on the couch. He thinks I work at night now and that we live here in this office. I wondered if he ever noticed that I no longer sleep. I smiled at my thought and said out loud for Bob to hear. “Momma has to go to work now. I will see you in the morning.” He turned and looked at me then slowly turned back to glance out the window. I grabbed my purse and wool coat. I headed to the elevator. I always left my office door open for Bob to hunt wherever. Robert does not mind. Some days, the two snuggle together on Robert’s lounge chair. That jerk loved Bob.

The Lake House was just two blocks away, I knew it would be good to walk there. In case, I had too much to drink. I could walk back to my vehicle and with the cool autumn air, it would sober me up for my drive home. If I was still intoxicated, I knew I would be sleeping with Bob tonight.
© Copyright 2016 Candace (jstcandace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086879-Flapper-Girls