*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086940-Keep-Your-Faith-In-Me
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2086940
An older brother worries for his sister's health in a heart-wrenching short story.
Keep Your Faith In Me™
A short story by
Heyoka Productions©…
Created by Daniel Alspach.



“Get her to the hospital immediately!” Chris yelled, exasperated by what he was seeing in front of him. His little sister was sitting on the ground in front of him, tightened up in a sphere-like appearance. His dad stands there with dread and worry struck across his facial expressions. “Help me get her down to the car!” his dad yells to him while worrying for his daughter's health. The ride to the hospital was full of intense emotions that spread throughout the entire vehicle. “Keep calm. Please...keep calm.” Chris muttered to himself on the way there. Upon arriving at the emergency room, Chris’s dad runs in and grabs a wheelchair. Assisted by nurses who came out with him, he helped his daughter into the wheelchair. Chris exits the car and begins to assist them as well. Checking the young girl’s heart rate as they rushed her to a room the nurse yells out to the others: “We have a code red! We need the doctor to see her immediately!”. Hours passed. The girl laid in her hospital bed, sleeping silently. The heart rate monitor then came to a sudden flat-line. She was gone. “No!”, Chris yelled, crying for relief. His little sister had left him. “Please...Tori...don’t leave me…” he cried out, grasping ahold of her hand. His dad had left the room. He couldn't handle seeing his daughter’s lifeless body lying limp on the bed. Then her eyes opened. “Chris...dad…” she said. Chris then grabbed his sister tighter than he had ever grabbed her before. Sometimes it takes something tragic to remember the things that truly matter.
© Copyright 2016 Daniel Alspach (heyokaprod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2086940-Keep-Your-Faith-In-Me