*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087092-How-Ironic
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #2087092
Family conflict
Those of you who’ve read my posts, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But, the reason I’m writing this is because of a story that my husband just relayed to me. The e-book I wrote, Family Is Not Defined By Blood, rang true again as a result of this story.

A woman in her 30’s died last night from kidney failure. She has 5 kids and has been on dialysis for years. Her own brother was a perfect match to be a donor. His wife stepped in and said, the only way my husband will give you his kidney is if you pay us. I was floored. Now that she’s passed, how does her brother live with himself? How could his wife be so greedy when it comes down to life? Precious life. Her existence. And the kids? How will they be affected by this? They have to grow up without a mother; the most valuable gift. What disgusts me the most is that the husband allowed his wife to be so bold and supported her.

This is just another example of the synopsis of my book. Families are definitely not defined by blood. Money changes everything; you may have been a moral, decent person before, but greed produces immorality. It just goes to show that no one can definitively predict their families’ actions in many situations.

As I was writing this, I received a call from my mother about the situation I explained in my book. My brother took all of my mother’s money and switched everything over to his family’s estate. I can honestly say that my brothers are immoral, evil, vile, wicked and heinous abominations.

Link: https://maresblogblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/
© Copyright 2016 Mare ~ extended hiatus (msromoski71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087092-How-Ironic