*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087120-The-Lords-Prayer-Revisited
by ~MM~
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #2087120
An expansion on The Lord's Prayer (Matt 6:9-13)
Our Father in Heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come.
Your will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the Evil One.
For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
Amen.
Matthew 6v9-13 (NKJV)


Our Father, who lives in Heaven, Your very name is sacred and precious; teach us to revere it as we should. May Your holy kingdom come down to Earth and may we do everything that You wish us to do - just like the angels do in Heaven.
Provide for us all our daily needs - and help us to know the difference between need and desire.
Please forgive us for everything we have done, and continue to do, wrong. And please help us to forgive when other people hurt us and do wrong to us, for You are the ultimately wronged one and yet have forgiven us time after time.
Give us the strength to face the temptations around us and not to surrender to meaningless peer pressure or unhealthy cultural norms. Protect us; keep us safe from evil and do not let danger come near. Place You hand over each one of us and those around us.
For You are the only God, and Heaven - in all its splendour and awe - is Yours. You, and You only, have complete authority over our lives, now and forever.
For all of eternity these things remain true.



© Copyright 2016 ~MM~ (miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087120-The-Lords-Prayer-Revisited