*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087301-The-Dark-Stars-Collection-Aquarius
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #2087301
I am writing a YA Fantasy series. This is just a brief plot summary of the first novel.
The Dark Stars Collection: Aquarius
Blood, sabotage, and fame. Throughout history, these are the three elements that have never abstained from surrounding the life of an Imperial Princess of Atlantis. Zara Nexus, a maven of crime and controversy, finds herself irrevocably stripped of her royal title after murdering her father and incapacitating her mother. Zara disappears until precisely one year following her act of regicide, when she escapes from a Lemurian prison, a penitentiary to which she was sent for crimes unrelated to her treason. Zara returns to the nation of Atlantis with one goal in mind: redemption achieved by artificial innocence. In the event of her return, unanticipated by her friends, and dreaded by her enemies, she reunites with her two former Champions, and childhood companions. Her Knight: Claire Orion, a neurotic Valkyrie and adept Aries Fire Artist. Her Rook: Veronica Savas, an equally skilled Sagittarius with a sullen demeanor and unprecedented weaponry prowess. Fallen from veneration, Zara, Claire, and Veronica rely on Zodiac Art—a system of thaumaturgy used exclusively by those of the Atlantean race—to restore Zara’s title of Second Princess of Atlantis, and stay alive in the process. Amara Nexus, First Princess of Atlantis, and provisional occupant of the throne, holds a righteous vendetta against Zara, seeking retribution toward her fraternal twin sister after the death and impairment of her family. After seventeen years of perpetual rivalry, the two partake in a monumental struggle against one another for the validation of their constitutional empire, and the privilege to remain alive. When Zara begins to develop dark affections for one of her confidantes, she pushes herself to reprehensible limits, desperate to maintain a firm grip on her resolve. The predetermined outcome is inconceivable, though one fact resides in pure certainty: Atlantis, the most formidable Empire in the Fourth Dimension, will never be the same.

Zara has three objectives—all of which threaten to destroy her: to be loved, to be feared, and, ultimately, to be King.
© Copyright 2016 courtneydanielle94 (courtneydan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087301-The-Dark-Stars-Collection-Aquarius