*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087576-Final-Turf-Fight
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2087576
Alex has everything going great until a person from her past shows up and reeks havoc.
Final Turf Fight

Chapter 1 - Fighter

"Now in this corner at a stunning 129 pounds, 'Ice'." Ryan crowed in a deep announcer voice.

"Shut up." I smiled.

"Aw, you worried?" Ryan taunted walking backwards in front of me.

"No and I'll give you a preview of my abilities on your thick skull if you don't drop it." I threatened him giving him a light shove. He stumbled back and fell on to his butt. I chuckle as he used his momentum to back roll to his feet. Ryan pouted and wiped the assault from the back of his pants. He continued walking backwards. A childish smile spread across his face.

"Do you want to race?" He asked.

I didn't answer I raced past him leaving him in the dust. I herd the sound of his laughter and pounding feet. We headed toward the headquarters. The old military boot camp where the Ghost train, is only a block from my house. Ryan quickly past me and waited at the door of the of the observation building that they use as a headquarter.

"No fair I forgot you ran track." I said skidding to a stop in front of him. He just smiled and opened the door for me. I walked in and went straight to the large viewing window that took up almost the entire north wall. I looked out at the rest of gangs who were running laps around the compound for the morning workouts cool down. They were just passing the pool and coming to the climbing wall and rope coursed when I picked up the intercom mike from the desk on the west side of the viewing window.

"Alright. Time for breakfast. Remember to support our fighters tonight. Oh and whoever is stringing their underwear up the flag pole must stop or at least put clean ones up there. Dismissed."

Ryan snickered behind me as he checked the schedule for today's activities and looked glumly at the paperwork that filled his desks inbox.

"You know if I has known it would be this much paperwork I would have never agreed to be your second in command." Ryan sighed jokingly coming up and putting his arm over my shoulder. I smiled and patted his hand.

"Lets go get some breakfast." I suggested. We turned toward door and started to short journey from headquarters to the mess hall. Half way there Ryan turned a faced me with a very serious look on his face.

"Alex I have been pondering how to tell you this for a while now and I don't want you to freak out."

I raised one eye brow and looked at my fiery haired friend. While he face was serious there was laughter in his eyes that gave me a suspicious feeling.

"What?"

Ryan took a deep breath like he was trying to steady himself and put his hands on my shoulders looked me straight in the eye.

"Alex. Today for breakfast the cooks have prepared..." Ryan stopped for a second. "Bacon."

A huge smile broke out on my face. I love bacon! It is the heavenly on everything. I took off running, leaving a chuckling Ryan in the dust behind me. After I have gotten my breakfast, witch consisted of a huge pile of Bacon and two eggs, I came to sit at the commanders table.

"I am so glad summer break is finally here." Max said to her brother Jake as I sat down on the other side of her. Jake nodded in his normally silent agreement. Max turned toward me as Ryan slipped into the seat across from me. "So what are we doing today?" Her dark hair feel in front of her chocolate eyes much like her brothers did. I though about this for a moment. I knew that we had some training events on the calendar today but tonight was the night of the championship fights between the Serpents and Ghosts. The gang had been training so hard for tonight I think they deserve a day off. "I have an idea" I told her and gave Ryan a look when he started listing off the agenda he had read this morning. Seeing my look he stopped mid sentence. "I guess we're not doing that." He finished raising his eye brow at me.

Max started rambling happily about the latest move she's seen while the rest of the Commanders made their way over the table. I silently made the plan for today as I cut the whites away from the yolk of my two eggs. Matt came and sat across from Jake, promptly taking all the grapes off of Jake's plate and plopped them onto his own plate like he had done every morning for as long as they have known each other. Lastly Sam stumbled to the seat between Ryan and Matt in a sleepy haze. She put her plate down and plopped in the seat. Max reached across the table and pulled Sam plate toward her, with out stopping her ongoing dialogue, so when Sam put her head down on the table in front of her it wouldn't land in her plate. Finally everyone is here. Ryan slammed this hands on the table. Causing Sam to jolt upright and glare at him.

"Alright now that everyone had decided to show up. Alex had made changes to today agenda."

I had made my plan but I wanted it to be a surprise. " I know today was a scheduled training day but I have another idea. After breakfast grab your units and meet me at platform B no later than 8." I stressed looked at the perpetually late Sam. I grabbed my plate and went to turn them into the unit the had mess units and left to finalize the plans for today.

An hour later I walked out on to platform B. Everyone was already there. "Attention!" Ryan yelled at I took my place at center stage. With the command the entire gang went silent and stood at attention read to be addressed.
"At ease. So as you know tonight in the big fights between the Serpents and us and you have all been training hard to show them who the best. I think you guys diverse a day to relax and conserve energy for tonight so..." I pause letting a smile spread across my face. " grab your swim suits. We are going to the beach!" Excitement flooded the units but the remained information. "Dismissed. Hurry we leave in an half hour." The entire gang turn a hurried toward the barracks.
We spent a few hours at the beach then got ready for the fight
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Ready?" Ryan asked as he rapped my hands for the fight.
"Always." I smiled up at him.
He smiled back at me but I could tell he was nervous. He was always nervous when I fought. He knew I could hold my own with anybody so I never understood why he got so nervous. The bell rang signaling the fight before mine had just finished and it was my turn to get in the ring.

"In this corner, the leader of the Ghosts, at a stunning 129 pounds. Alex 'the Ice' McWolf." The announcer introduced me. I swung up into the ring. The spot lights where so bright it took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust. The crowd was deafening. You would be surprised how many people come to these under ground fights. I once saw the Major cheering Max on.
"And in in this corner at 240 pounds of muscle, King Kong McQueen." The behemoth of the man swung up into the run. He was one of the biggest serpents, with a crew cut haircut. I took my place on the right side of the ring.
"Alright anything goes. Ready. Set." The ref paused and McQueen and I started to circle. The ref backed up the edge of the ring.
"Fight!" The ref screamed as he jumped over the side of the ring. We turned half a circle more before McQueen charged.
I side stepped him and rammed my fist into his stomach. McQueen stumbled a half step and turned to face me. I could see the blood lust in his eyes. He didn't want to just fight he wanted to kill. He lunged at me once again I put my arms up in defense. I blocked many of this jabs and crosses but a few got past my guard. When I fight the moves run through my head as I do them. I blocked his returning jab and used his arm to guide my fist to his face. I made contact and felt the crunch of his nose breaking under my knuckles. Satisfied that he was in more pain then I was I tried to stepped back. I couldn't. He had rapt his leg behind mine. "Crap." was all I could say. The next thing I knew I was falling flat on my back with McQueen on top of me. His large hands rapt around my throat. The roaring crowd went silent all I could see was bright lights...slowly sound returned. I brought my hands up and slammed on to his ears trying to pop his ear drums. Stunned he loosened his grip for a second I took the opportunity to grab his arm and roll him off of me. I jumped to my feet and squared up with the rising McQueen. As soon as he was on his feet he charged at me for the last time. I side step him but was too slow and he clipped my side. I slipped behind him and with a signal jab to the spine be crumbled to the floor.
"The winner is 'ICE'." The ref lifted my arm in victory. I winced and spit blood. I was sore and McQueen had managed to bust my lip so I had the metallic taste in my mouth. But at least I am alive and I want the one getting carried out of the ring by my friends.
I hobbled off the ring strait to Ryan who was waiting for me, with his cell phone in hand.
"Congrats" He said smiling. "I already called the pizza place. It will be there right as we arrive."
It was a tradition that after a night of fights we would have pizza and watch movie. My fight was the last of the night so everyone was on their way either back to their homes or the barracks.

By the time I got out of the shower Ryan's mom had gone to bed because she has the morning shift at the hospital and Ryan had paid for the pizza and was putting in my favorite movie of all time, Mulan. I curled up on the couch and Ryan sat next to me. I feel asleep shortly after the Huns invaded china.
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

I woke up the next morning in Ryan's bed. He must have brought me in there after the movie. I looked at the alarm clock next to his bed.
'12:00.'
I jackknifed up and winced as pain shot through my side. I bit my lip suppressing a scream but I forced my self to swing my legs over the bed and get up anyway. I was supposed to be helping Sam teach her new unit how the properly clear a building Hurriedly I limped over to the draw where Ryan kept my spare cloths. Throwing on red tee and some shorts I made my way down to the kitchen where Ryan kept his Tylenol. After taking two I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail an slipped on my tennis shoes. I ran out the door and within a few minutes I was already at the front door of headquarters. I threw the door open and went straight for the viewing window. Out on the grounds everything seemed to be running smoothly. I saw Sam with her unit getting debriefed by Conner, a lieutenant who had apparently taken my place today for training.

"Morning, Sleeping beauty"
I jumped at the sudden voice behind me. I reflexively swung around and jabbed at my opponent. Ryan dodged my punch and laughed.
"You know better than to sneak up on my like that!" I huffed pushing past him toward my in-box wich was ever filled with request memos.
Ryan was about the rebuttal but alarms cut through the air. I knew that alarm all too well. We were under attack.
Without other word Ryan and I bolted over to the security control desk that sat in the center of the room. I called for Jake, who was on monitor duty, to report.
" Serpents are on the south end of training field bravo."
Explicates flew from Ryan's mouth as he started he flipped through the agenda that he had wrote for today.
"Matt has the new recruits over in training field bravo going over drill movements." He reported.
"Crap!"
"Get on the intercom and send all action ready units to bravo field. Our main objective is to get all the recruits out of the battle. "I commanded to Jake who picked up the mic that sat on the control desk. Ryan and eye exchanged glances then we both grabbed our com sets and bolted out the door and ran toward the on coming attack.
We joined Sam's team on the run to the Bravo field. When we arrived there was swarms of fighting teens. We jumped into the thick of the fighting soon a call ran over my com into my ear.
"All the recruits have been evacuated"

"Alright Everyone they seem to be backing off. Advance forward and get them off our turf.

The field was filled with fighting adolescence. The only thing separating the enemy from our friends were the blue bandanna that the serpents wear. Ryan and I were in the thick of the battle. Fist flew from every direction. I grabbed the closest serpent around the neck and knee'ed him the stomach. He rapped his arm around me trying to bring me down but before he could I brought my elbow down on the base of his neck. He crumpled to the grass. I turned to the next unfortunate bastard that tried to attack me. Two young boys decided to try and take me on.
I smiled.
"Bad Idea."
I grabbed the back of their heads and smashed them together.
I looked up from their prone bodies to see the serpents retreating. The ran to their idling cars while the ghosts chase them.
I chased the last one into the bed of an old red pick-up. As he climbed into the bed he turned an threw something at me.
"AAALLEEEEXXX" Someone screamed my name over the sounds of squealing tires.

Then it hit me, piercing pain spread through out my side. Blood rushed onto the already blood soaked ground. Everything went silent again as I looked at the hilt of the blade sticking out from my side. Only one thing that ran through my mind was that is didn't belong there. I pulled it out and looked at the blood, my blood, that glisten in the light on the blade. Darkness seeped into the corners of my vision. My legs gave out and I fell into familiar arms. They lowered me to ground. Matt's head blocked out the sun above me. He was talking but the words never hit my ears. The darkness grew and the pain became dull. Matt's face left and Ryan's grim look took his place. I smiled up at this face ageist the sky. The darkness overpowered me and I fell into unconsciousness.







© Copyright 2016 Mickey Wolf (mickeywarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087576-Final-Turf-Fight