*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087945-Treasure-Hunt-295-Words
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #2087945
Flash Fiction Entry 6/20/16
         Pablo enjoyed diving. He had been doing it since he learned how to swim. He was now sixteen and dove for pearlsto help support his large family. The village in Mexico that he called home was very poor. Fishing and pearl diving were their main industries. Cruise ships would frequent its waters and the passengers would come ashore to buy beads, pearls, combs, brushes, and mirrors.

         A wealthy passenger by the name of Candice Eastern came ashore and caught Pablo's eye. Her silky olive skin and long, straight, black hair flowed like the waves that kissed the shore at high tide. Pablo kept shadowing Candice as she browsed the shop that was owned and run by his father. There seemed to be nothing that caught her fancy. She turned on her heel and began to walk out when Pablo had a terrific idea.

         Earlier that morning, he had found a black pearl in a huge oyster. he extracted it and put it in his bag and put the bag under his bed. Running to his hut, he found the bag and reached for the pearl. It was missing. Frantic, he scoured the whole hut looking for the pearl. Finally, he found it after picking it out of some clothes. Rushing back to the last shop she was in, he was out of breath when he saw her.

         "Miss, maybe this would be more to your liking", he said catching his breath. He handed Candice the pearl and she took it tentatively.

         Candice examined the pearl and smiled back at Pablo. She smiled at him and asked its price. He smiled back and said with a grin "No charge." Candice gave him a peck on the cheek and she put the pearl in her purse.

295 Words

© Copyright 2016 Stardust - Creating (avidthinker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087945-Treasure-Hunt-295-Words