*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087988-The-Winter-Solstice
Rated: E · Prose · Relationship · #2087988
Deckard stood on the edge of the darkness finding a revelation in this night of rebirth.
Writer's Cramp Winner




It had been a long and difficult period of time for him. One he would sooner leave behind if he had any choice in the matter. And yet, standing here on the edge of the darkness, as the last rays of light were fading, he knew he would never forget.

He had lost the most important person in his life. Daniela was not just another love. He had found his soulmate in her, truly. He felt the loss as a deep, hollow caving in his chest. A pain that reached so far inside him, that he could collapse at times.

From the very moment they had met, there was an electricity that was like a live wire burning. And, it never waned, not even for a moment. Every second that they spent together was saturated with love and an intense emotional bond. Day after day, night after night, they could hardly wait to reach that moment that they fell into each other's arms.

The night had always belonged to them. It brought so many treasures. The scent of jasmine from her bath, still fresh on her skin, the cool breeze of the ocean air blowing in the window, the sound of rain dancing on the worn sill, were all part of the magic of those precious nights.

Tonight, on this, the Winter Solstice, he stood watching the beautiful colors of the sunset fade quietly into the darkness. Yes, it would be the longest night of the year. He knew that if he were to survive this at all, would need to make a change. He had spent these last five months alone, soaking in the pain of his lonely tears.

He looked up at the sky full of moon. So alluring it was, so bright and graceful, lighting the galaxy. He decided to celebrate on this longest night because in truth, it meant the return of light. The days would now get longer and the darkness would grow less. It was a sign, he thought. He need to let the light inside.

He smiled as he stared one last, long moment, and decided to join his friends in Eltham. There, they were celebrating the Winter Solstice with a bonfire. It was....to be a rebirth. He put his hand over his heart and blew a kiss into the cold night air,
"Goodnight my love and goodbye."




© Copyright 2016 Girlinwhite (girlinwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2087988-The-Winter-Solstice