*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2088496-Robert-The-Haunted-Doll
by Nevaea
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #2088496
Based on a True story in Key West Florida
In 1897, a family named Otto lived in a nearby house in Key West Florida, They owned a plantation and had a lot of servants working for them who they treated very badly, One servant girl gave their son Gene a present of a doll, What the Otto family didn't realise was that this servant girl knew voodoo and black magic. The doll seemed like a typical childrens toy he was dressed in a sailors suit and a sweet smile, the doll didn't have human hair but rather it consist of a synthetic material resembling wool yarn, His nub of a nose looked like a pair of pinholes and was covered in brown nicks, like scars, his eyes were beady and black and had a malervolent smirk, clasped in his lap he held his own toy of a dog with garish popping eyes and a big tongue lolling crazy out of his mouth, the doll actually would resembel a 20th century American sailor. The parents of the boy always called him Robert Eugene Otto, but the little boy decided one day he was going to give his doll a name so the little boy gave him his first name Robert and told everyone to start calling him Gene. One day many strange things began to occur in the Otto household, the neighbors claimed to see Robert moving about from window to window, when the family would be out. Gene began to blame Robert for mishaps that would occur, the Otto family claimed to hear the doll giggle, and swore they caught glimpses of the doll running about the house. One night Gene started to have nightmares and scream out in the night, when his parents would enter his room they would find furniture overturned, their child in a fright, and Robert the doll at the foot of Genes bed, with his glaring gaze! " ROBERT DID IT" Gene would cry. The doll was eventually put up into the attic, where he resided for many years. But Robert had other plans, Visitors that entered into the house could hear something walking back and forth in the attic and strange giggling sounds, Guests no longer wanted to visit the Otto home anymore. One day the Otto family decided they could not live like this anymore so they put their home up for sale and moved to Massachusetts, The new family who bought the Otto's house had a ten year old little girl, she was curious what was up in the attic so she went to have a look, she was quick to find Robert the doll in the attic, It was not long before Robert unleashed his displeasure on the child. The little girl claiming that the doll tortured her and made her life a hell. Even after more then thirty years passed by she steadfastly claims that the doll was alive and wanted to kill her. The girl sold the doll to a museum in Key West, stuff began to start happening there, people would get hurt, fights would break out for no reason, so the owner of the museum took Robert to the basement of the museum where he locked him up in a glass case where his Terrifying reputation continues to grow as the most haunted doll in the world.
© Copyright 2016 Nevaea (nevaea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2088496-Robert-The-Haunted-Doll