*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2088902-The-Mice-Came-to-Breakfast
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest · #2088902
Flash Fiction Challenge 6/30/16
         After the first night in our new home, I was looking forward to a big breakfast in the country kitchen. It was the kitchen that made me fall in love with this house. I opened the cabinet where the plates were. Taking out a dinner plate, a dessert plate, a bowl, a glass for juice, and a mug for tea, I began to make the big meal. I scrambled three eggs, made bacon until crispy, toasted a rye bagel, and cut a grapefruit in half. I got the pitcher of freshly squeezed orage juice out of the fridge.

         As I was putting everything on the table, when I caught some type of movement out of the corner of my eye. I watched in shock as i saw three mice climb on the table and scamper to my breakfast. I didn't know what to do first. Reaching for the phone to call an exterminator, I suddenly stopped as I saw one mouse try to eat the grapefruit and was squirted in its eye with the juice.

         At the sound of my laughter, the mice scattered back into their invisible hole. I tried to see where they went so I could tell the exterminator when he arrived. After the initial amusement, the realization that mice were all over my breakfast set in. Immediately I took everything and disposed of it. Looking at the picture taken on my phone, I realized this was the beginning of a long, crazy life in this house.

253 Words
© Copyright 2016 Stardust - Creating (avidthinker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2088902-The-Mice-Came-to-Breakfast