*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2089712-The-Lost-Vice
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Supernatural · #2089712
Our sins manifested into The Wraiths, that have left our world a shadow of its former self

Prolog



Our overpopulated world full of Sin. Where corruption and deception were rewarded with power and admiration. When the norm was to engage in debauchery and lecherous acts fueled by desire and a lack of self-control; and a person who was altruistic and courteous was almost non-existent. The rare few that were, were swiftly cut down and forsaken. God's love was lost and faith is forgotten. All the malice that engulfed our world awoke a shadow that had not taken hold since the dark ages. The Seven Wraiths, the essence and manifestations of our sins; Pride, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust, and Greed. Once the Wraiths were sealed away by God's Sephirot; the Archangels that carry out gods will, but they were now set free in physical form by our selfish actions. In their shadow, they brought their children, all a manner of demons and monsters called Fiends. They feast on the living their favored meal being humans.

The closer the Wraith's were to each other the more malice spread into our heads and our hearts, feeding their children. Our emotions and deeds feed their hunger and our blood quenches their thirst. As the essence of the Seven Wraith's spread; hatred, angry and greed took over mankind's soul and civil wars broke out all a crossed the world. Bombs fell, and cities and towns were obliterated into nothingness.

At first, the Wraiths and their children feed in secret keeping their presents hidden from the world to prevent god's retaliation for their escape. With the humans consumed by war, no one noticed a few thousand people missing in the millions of people who were being killed every year. Over time hunting in secret was not enough, the newly reborn Fiends hunger was insatiable, and the Wraiths realized their children could not be contained. They knew the arrogance and greed of the Fiends and the overwhelming malice growing in people's heart; causing pointless wars for selfish gain, and killing off large populations of humans would alert God of their escape.

As they expected God sent to our world seven of the ten Sephirot to find and seal the Wraiths back in the outer realm between heaven and hell. The Wraiths knew the Archangels would come for them and be prepared for their return; before the Sephirot could locate the Fallen they separated to the farthest ends of the earth. This caused humans emotions to become less radical and made it harder for the Sephirot to locate them. Every time the Sephirot would come close to finding their prey the Wraiths trail would seem to unknowingly disappear. After hundreds of years searching unsuccessfully, the Sephirot vanished from our world. With the Seven Wraiths separated their power over the humans began to decrease and return to a stagnate state of contentment where sin was still strong but did not overtake our hearts and destroy us.

Many of the wars ended, leaving most of the world in ruin and the population from billions down to only less than ten million. The larger cities were rebuilt and populated by the humans who were left, with a few scattered towns around the cities also rebuilt enough to sustain a living. With the population decreased, more and more humans became aware of the presence of the Fiends. Some believing they were just horror stories of monster told to scare children, hoax, and fairy tales. While others actively hunted and tried to destroy the demons that had taken civilization away from them. In the darkness and shadow, the Seven Wraiths stayed watching over the world they claimed as their own, waiting for their opportunity to raise again.



© Copyright 2016 D.R.Martinez (d.r.martinez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2089712-The-Lost-Vice