*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2090287-The-Knightly-Estate-Chp-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #2090287
The second part.
I drop my relatively light bag on the floor, and simply take in how expensive everything looked, velvet carpeting covered the wide expanse of my room, not to mention the fact that the size of it was about the size of a classroom, the mahogany desk looked like it had cost a fortune, and the same could be said about the bed. Next to the bed was a nightstand with a button and some sort of tablet, adorned with a label that read, “use me.”

I picked up the tablet only to find that it has no external buttons. My thumb gently rests on the screen causing it to turn on. I continue to explore the rest of my room when a knock on the door interrupts me. I walk over to the door, slowly twisting the knob and pulling it open.

An unfamiliar face greets me.

“Hello,” he said, “I’m Austin, this floor’s caretaker, I thought it would be best if I introduced myself.”

“Oh, well thanks,” I said, unsure of what to say, I notice he’s not letting himself in and I decide to ask him what had been on my mind, “hey, what’s this tablet for?”

Austin looks at me with that ‘oh right he’s the new guy look’. “Well that is a community tab, basically you can use it to talk to other members of the estate, like the guy across from you.” He pauses, as if to give a long and lengthy speech. “It can also be used to contact Kazu’s maid and butler people. But Kazu insists on using the button.”

“Oh, well thanks,” I said, I slowly move out of the way of the door opening it wider, “do you want to come in?”

“Ah, no, I have to attend to something, some other time ok?” said Austin, “oh also food is served at 7:00pm, 8:00am, and 12:00 noon, however kitchen access is available any time.”

“Well thanks, I shouldn’t hold you up any longer,” I said, slowly edging back into my room.

“Yeah, no problem, see you later tonight.” He said.

I close the door and look at the clock mounted on the wall. It read 6:45pm

“Oh shit, it’s nearly 7:00, I gotta get out of these wet clothes!” I exclaim as I hurriedly unzip my suitcase, causing a vibrant and colourful clothes explosion.
© Copyright 2016 Thesilentowl (thesilentowl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2090287-The-Knightly-Estate-Chp-2