*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2090529-The-Mysterious-Wizard-Unusual-Beginnings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2090529
First chapter of a story about a young man that becomes a wizard
Long ago in a place that was not quite different than our own, in a shack painted blue by papers on a wooden desk a man sat. Wearing a scrutinizing face in a blue robe, he poured over the parchment in front of him.
"I just don't understand it" he said, sipping on some wine he had by him, a tactic he used when overwhelmed.
"These characters don't match the ones written on this box": €₩ ¥- ○, were the symbols, adorning a small silver object, as it were.
"And they don't have the same color either", he noted, tilting his head left and right.
"Furthermore, he pondered, they're not the same shape!"
"Hey! Knock It Off!" remarked a loud booming voice coming from the underground, traveling through a door that opened a jar to a sloping hall.
Jeff heard the sound but looked even more intensely.
I Said, Do You Want An Earning Or Don't You?!
At this the old chair he was on rocked and teetered before outright falling - the fine drink splashing all over the table in the commotion
Jeff looked up, utterly flabbergasted. "Ack! Am I gonna get it or what!" as his eyes caught a clock shaped like a bird, tweeting quite loudly 12:00 pm!, 12:00 pm! before turning around and going back into its wooden frame.
And so would go another day for this blue robed man named jeff. Which consisted of sleeping late, looking over pieces of this most unusual writing and becoming quite flummoxed from responsibility to work. He picked up a pair of spectacles and put on a blue cap that would adorn a blue robe and off he went, scrambling through the door left slightly open as he ran down its winding steps to the sloping halls that merged into a rocky path. The shack's last light a glimmer as the clamor of people could be heard in the distance. Yes, this was yet another day of work for, one man who can only be called a mysterious wizard.
© Copyright 2016 mr feelgood (the345th at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2090529-The-Mysterious-Wizard-Unusual-Beginnings