*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2091190-Lifesaver
by Fen
Rated: ASR · Prose · Dark · #2091190
Another something I cobbled together a long time ago.
He sat by the window, legs drawn up to his chest, head resting on his knees, arms hugging tightly, mirroring a pair of soot-black wings. A pair of headphones, perched between two cute little horns, drowned out all possible noise around him. Meanwhile, outside, the snow fell heavily. As he remained there, almost motionless save for the rise and fall of his breath, a lone tear ran down the pale face. It was followed by another, and another.

Almost imperceptibly, the wings quivered slightly, the arms squeezed, and the jaw clenched. However, there was an observer to all this, and they definitely weren't silent. A short, squat figure stood in the snowstorm, waving his arms and yelling at the top of his voice. After a short while, the individual bent over, scooping the accumulating snow into his hands, and, balling it up, hurled it at the window. Even the impact from the compacted missile wasn't enough to register with the despondent male.

Glaring at the splints on his wrists, the overweight male clenched his fists, entire body shaking as angry tears started falling. Then, suddenly, he sprints towards the wall of the building, spindly limbs appearing as he scuttles rapidly upwards towards his destination. Coming to the window where the forlorn looking figure is, he starts banging furiously. The tears coming faster and harder until he has to shake his head in order to clear his eyes.

To no avail, since the male doesn't even flinch or make any motion to indicate his awareness. Giving up, the short figure presses one hand against the glass, and, with tears shining in his eyes, mouths three words softly before turning and scurrying back down to ground level. Once on the snow-covered soil, his spider-like appendages disappear. With a last, longing look over his shoulder, the squat individual vanishes.

Some time passes before the male with the headphones turns to look out the window, as if expecting to see someone outside. Cute, small but sharp teeth appear as they bite into the lower lip. Raising a hand, the pale figure puts a slender hand on the inside of the window, mirroring the exact spot where the overweight male had put his hand not minutes before.
© Copyright 2016 Fen (mrtotalbrit26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2091190-Lifesaver