*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2091723-The-Selling-of-a-TV-Series
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2091723
I've often thought the three novels would make an excellent television series.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
NEW PROMPT:
Sell the premise of a new TV show to a studio.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Good afternoon, Mr. Grey. I'm Abeille De Sucre of Enterprise C & C.

As head of Paramount Studios, your time is valuable, so I'll get right to the point. I have a sure-fire idea for your next winning show. Since the television section of your organization is currently showing series based on books, there are three amazing novels that would carry on this great tradition. I personally know their author, J. A. Buxton, is willing to give you the rights to convert these novels for television.

Here's the general idea of the first novel, Home of the Red Fox that would kick off the TV series. When a multibillionaire named Walker opens his mansion for elderly guests, even a century-old mystery, romantic intrigue, bigamy, and a serial killer can't disturb the safe haven he has created for the lonely, the abused, and the overlooked. There is a large audience who will want to watch and see what happens from week to week. There is also romance between the leading two characters. You could stretch this out for weeks with hints of what's to happen in the future between them. Just a thought, though.

The series can continue with the multiple stories in the second novel, Home of the Gray Dog. After the bones of a murdered child were found underneath his centuries-old mansion, Walker swore he would honor her in some way. Because of that promise, he added a modern orphanage to his estate. Can't you just imagine the viewers watching the sad and often cruel histories of some youngsters who find their way to the safety of Hannah's Home? I can almost see the rise in tissue sales.

Meanwhile, those adults living at Walker's ancient mansion contend with a terrifying kidnapping connected to sadistic murders from the past. There are also some lighter moments so that every scene isn't depressing . This reminds me, you will need the right actor and actress to bring every character to life. I can supply some ideas about this if you decide to go ahead with this project.

The final novel, Home of the White Dolphin, is definitely HBO material and probably not suited for network TV. It continues with the characters from the first two books, but there is also plenty of imagery about new characters and their lives back two centuries ago. This third novel in the trilogy is both a sequel and prequel to the first two. The story begins in the 19th century and ends in the 21st. It contains elements of lust, betrayal, perversion, romance, and love.

Because of the books' often R rating, particularly last one, all three are perfect for distribution on HBO. The added benefit is the characters in the three novels range from children to the elderly. Just think of the benefit to the local economy with the hiring of actors and actresses of all ages.

Finally, I've given you hard copies of the novels along with copies of the three novels on this flash drive to read at your convenience. If you have any questions about my idea, don't hesitate to contact my office. Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope to hear from you soon.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Microsoft Word count = 541

"The Writer's Cramp co-winner daily entry for 07/30/2016
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

© Copyright 2016 J. A. Buxton (judity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2091723-The-Selling-of-a-TV-Series