*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2093865-What-I-learnt-writing-my-first-Ebook
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by marcus
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2093865
A short piece on my first Ebook - Zen and The Art of Timetabling
What I learnt writing my first Ebook

In years gone by it seemed to me that the only way to get published was by sending huge amounts of letters and some luck. Many would-be authors, I would say, were put off by the ability of agents to pick and choose what they wanted.

The internet has changed all that and the digital medium has taken some wind out of their sails. However, if you just put a word or pages document together and throw it onto the net, does it work?

I have found that for my first book I wanted to self-publish but used a company. Now the feeling of producing my first Ebook (Zen and The Art of Timetabling) made me feel proud. I learnt a lot about the process and still am as I try now to market the book.

It's not there in anyone place for new people to learn and it does cost if you want a chance at success. There is also the thought of what success you want against how much you are willing to pay in this new digital age.

At some point, I will reflect on my experience and write something to help others. But what do you tell people about marketing? With places like Linkedin, how do you self-market?

It is another skill to learn I feel.



http://www.ypdbooks.com/education/1479-zen-and-the-art-of-timetabling-YPD01676.h...
© Copyright 2016 marcus (marcus1962 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2093865-What-I-learnt-writing-my-first-Ebook