*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2094260-Feels-Like-Old-Times
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2094260
An older couple continue to rekindle their love at a county fair.
"Hoowhee! I thought we were ever going to get out of there."

"Yeah, you know how those kids can get. Once they get your attention they do every trick in the book to make you stay."

"Oh, Chris, how much money did you spend anyway?"

"Enough to get you that big, old teddy bear. And you were worth every penny, Darling."

Right then, Christopher Doran grabbed his wife of 50 years and planted a long, hard kiss on her lips. A group of teenagers walking past them all made sounds of disgust. One boy even had the nerve to yell at them to get a room.

When they finally stopped kissing Ida held tight to her husband. She knows how protective of her he gets and she didn't want his blood pressure to go up unnecessarily over a spotty brat of a boy.

"Hey, let it go. He's young. One day he'll know how it feels to be in love. He's not worth getting upset over."

"I know, Baby. I know. I'm fine. Okay?"

"Okay. Where shall we go next?"

"Hm. We could get on the rides."

Ida shook her head at the thought. "Not yet. I still feel a bit full from lunch. How about the 4-H Building? We could see who the winners are in the Kitchen Arts section."

"Unbelievable. You want to spend your time away from home looking at things done at home? You really are some sort of domestic goddess, aren't you?"

"Can you think of anything else we can do here besides the obvious? There's only so many times we can eat, spin around on crazy rides, spend money, walk through crowds, and look at farm animals in one day. There's only so many things county fairs can offer."

Chris rubbed at the stubble on his greying chin and thought about something he saw earlier. He looked down into Ida's eyes and gave her a knowing smile. "Do you remember the Spring Fair back when we were in school?"

"How can I forget? The football field was turned into a big, colorful, noisy fairground. I swear we were just as loud out on that field as whenever we had a rally."

Smiling at the memory, he told her how much he admired her courage to get up on the main stage and recite Hamlet's famous speech.

"Well, something had to be done when the Four Notes called to cancel their appearance. And, since I was in the Drama Club I thought it was a good idea to get up there and do something to keep the crowd from getting rowdy. It was either that or refund all the money we raised."

"That's true. You got the ball rolling for the rest of the Drama Club to jump up there and help you out. And, I think we all appreciated Shakespeare a little bit more than we did before."

"Funny. Coming from the quarterback."

"Who would have thought that little, talented, smart Ida Wilson would save the day?" Her husband announced proudly to anyone in earshot. If anyone did hear him they just smiled politely and kept going about their business.

Ida gave him a gentle smack on his arm. "Stop. Do you know what I remember the most about that day?"

Christopher face opened into a huge smile. "I'm pretty sure I do, but, why don't you refresh my memory?"

"Judy Mae Stokes clinging to you like a bad rash."

"Whoa, what? Judy Mae Stokes? There was nothing between me and Judy Mae!"

"Oh, really? So, you didn't go behind the bleachers with her after my little 'to be or not to be'? Everybody knows what happens behind the bleachers."

"Nope, nope. No. I promise you that nothing ever, EVER, happened between me and Judy Mae. If it did then I really would have had a rash. Who knew where she had been and I didn't want to know. Believe you me."

"You wouldn't lie to me now, would you?"

"Nope, never. Cross my heart and hope to die."

"What happened then? I mean, I know it was a long time ago and that's all in the past. I... I just want to know for sure."

Christopher stopped to collect his thoughts. This was not what he wanted to talk about, or do right now. "Okay. For sure, Judy Mae did pull me back behind the bleachers. She did kiss me. But, I did not kiss her back. If anything, I fought hard to get out of there as quickly as possible."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. I was never interested in her. I mean, that girl had such a reputation that would shame any preacher in town, but, I never did anything with her except sit next to her in Algebra. I swear."

"Okay. Man, you sure can get serious sometimes."

"Well, you brought it up." Chris felt deflated after talking about their school's notorious tramp. He really wanted to make the day special. With a peck on Ida's cheek and a gentle nudge they walked on.

After having been at the fair for a few hours they thought about heading home. As they turned to walk past the horse barn a couple of teenagers with bits of hay hanging off of them almost bumped right into them.

"Sorry! Sorry!" the youngsters yelled back at them as they ran off into the crowds giggling.

Ida looked at them and couldn't help but to say, "I wonder what that was all about."

Chris did notice what those two may have been doing. That gave him an idea as to how to salvage the rest of their outing. "Hey, let's check this out before we go."

"Why? We already saw the horses."

"Yeah, but, we may have missed something that those two kids found. Come on. It might be fun."

"Christopher Doran, don't be silly. You know full well what kind of fun those kids had."

"That I do. That I do."

And, with that, he grabbed her into another embrace. He held her ever so hard against his own body and kissed her with the same passion he wanted to show her earlier. At first, Ida responded to his kisses feeling happy just to be in his arms. Then, feeling like a teenager again, she kissed her husband back like she couldn't get enough of him.

Their tongues danced and turned with an intensity. It was like they each had to physically know everything about their mouths. Every inch. Every groove. Every valley.

Soon their bodies swayed until Christopher had Ida pinned against the brown barn wall. Ida knew very well what was on his mind. The evidence grew and pressed against her lower belly. She felt the same way. Oh, if only they weren't out in the open for the town to see. This time there was no turning back from their passion. Ida broke away long enough to speak. "Are you going to be able to drive us home like this?" Every syllable felt stuck in her throat.

"No."

"So, what do we do now? What are we going to do about this?" The thought of stopping now was not an option.

"Inside, now."

Ida looked at him strangely. "Oh, no. We are not doing this out here."

He smiled. "No. Inside here. There's got to be a place inside for just the two of us." So, without waiting for an answer, Chris took Ida's hand and entered the building. The heat they created drowned out any smells that came from the horses. On either side of the doorway were restrooms. Down the hall was a wide doorway that led to the horse arena. Chris spotted a ladder propped up against a wall next to the arena. It appeared to lead up to a loft of some kind.

"Let's go up here."

"Do you honestly want me to climb up a ladder wearing a skirt?"

He pressed her up against the wall with the full length of his body again and told her, "I want you to climb on top of me while wearing a skirt but I'll take what I can get. You climb up first so I can get a better look at your treasure. I'll be right behind you so I can get behind you. Now, move. Now."
This time his voice sounded strained.

Ida didn't need anymore convincing. She was glad that she decided to wear a skirt that went only to her knees and flat shoes. Otherwise, climbing the ladder would have proven more difficult than finding some privacy for their tryst.

Chris was right behind her. It took him a bit of effort to focus on his steps. He didn't want to lose his footing but he also didn't want to miss the fabulous view just above his head.

As soon as they cleared the top of the ladder they discovered loose hay that spread from wall to wall. Happy to find a blanket laid out in the far corner from the opening Chris scooped his wife up in his arms and approached it. When they got there he gently lowered her back onto her feet.

Looking deeply into her eyes he declared, "My God, you are so beautiful. I want you so bad. I need you."

Ida quieted him with a kiss. "Shh. It's better when you wait for it." Her hands traveled up the front of his shirt and worked their way back down unbuttoning it along the way. Her lips left a trail of kisses from chin down to his chest and naval. He felt her tongue poking through every kiss leaving him feeling harder than he thought possible. Although all he wanted right now was to feel her squeezing every last drop out of him he let her continue the torture. After all, she should enjoy this, too.

She stopped kissing him just above his belt and looked up at him.

"What? Why did you stop?"

"You'll find out soon." Then, she started kissing her way back up his body with the same slow intensity as before. While she did this her hands undid his tight jeans and reached inside his briefs. One hand moved around the back to caress his butt so the other could focus on sliding up and down his front.

"Oh, God, help me."

God didn't answer but Ida did. She whispered in his ear, "Do you remember what we did after the Stones concert?"

"Yeah?" Christopher was really clenching his teeth this time. She squeezed his member hard and told him, "Split me wide open. Nail me hard!"

The word hard was barely recognizable when she said it. As soon as Christopher got the go ahead he dropped to his knees taking Ida down with him, ripped her black-laced panties off her, and rammed into her hot, wet tunnel of love like he would die if he didn't.

Ida hung on with all four limbs as her husband lipped in and out so hard that they lost the blanket under them. Ever fiber of their beings was so highly charged with sparks of heat and lust that they couldn't even feel the hay poking them.

Time stopped and sped on at the same time. Every moan and grunt sounded loud enough to reach the horses' sensitive ears. Every thrust made the temperature in the cool loft rise higher than the weatherman predicted. After 50 years of marriage the couple proved that they can still make love with the same fierceness as a pair of 20 year olds.

Christopher grunted out through his dry throat, "Can't hold on. Now? Say now. Please?"

No words were needed. Ida lifted her head and bit his neck hard and dug her nails in his back cheeks. That was her signal that she was boiling over the edge just the same as he was.

"Aaarrrgh!!" Chris let loose all the juices he had in him. He collapsed onto his wife and then gently slid down next to her. They laid there on the now wet hay waiting for their hearts to stop racing like a pair of greyhounds.

Ida turned and snuggled up closer to Chris. They didn't speak. they knew what they felt for each other. They knew how their bodies would feel by the evening. They knew they wanted more.

As soon as her breath slowed down to a more normal pace Ida asked her husband, "will we have time to do this again tomorrow?"

"Only if we can do it in the ticket booth."

(word count 2094)
© Copyright 2016 LilyMom (lilymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2094260-Feels-Like-Old-Times