*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2094603-Time
by Mazz
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Writing · #2094603
Time is uncontrollable
Our time is short. Each moment we have is important. That does not mean having to do something different everyday to fill your life with stories and events; it does not mean living life to the fullest, to be adventurous and dangerous. It's your chance to be you, whoever that may be. Whether that's being positive, even overly positive, an O.C.D weirdo, a miserable bum, a hot mess or a depressed maze runner ... and so, so many more. It's tough accepting who you are or in fact even knowing who "you" is at all. A lot of us are unsure for a long time perhaps even eternally unsure some luckily find themselves quite early in life but tend to pay the consequences of fast learning quite brutally but most of us are still searching. However some of us searching are not necessarily searching for ourselves but more searching for the courage and opportunity to be ourselves. Isn't that funny? That we get scared and shy and uncomfortable to even open up to ourselves, to the people around us, mostly because we are unsure of the reactions we will receive from others. Loved ones, family, friends, even strangers. A great number of people are afraid of bad first impressions, being humiliated, exposed, but personally I believe a mighty reason people have the feeling of needing to hide themselves from the world is because they are afraid of scaring, even more so, hurting the people most dear to them. By showing your true nature to someone you love you think they might not like what they see. Self doubt is a horrible feeling. Even if you're a lovely, kind and unique person you might not see it, you'll doubt it.
The time we have is limited and we never know when our time will be up. Whoever or whatever decides our time has come is not up to us we do not get to decide and we don't get to know how much time we have so, enjoy being who you are and don't worry about disappointing anyone else other than yourself.


© Copyright 2016 Mazz (lostforwords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2094603-Time