*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2095546-The-Special-Misfit-Zebra-Teddy-Bear
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2095546
A story about a stuffed zebra striped bear who wants to be accepted .
Merit Badge in The Teddy Bear Gift Basket
[Click For More Info]

    For being one of my WDC good friends. 
    Happy Bear-lentines. Hugs)) *^*Heart*^* Samberine

Summer got home from shopping and she carried her cute zebra striped teddy bear into the house. He was cute. She walked back to her doll room which had dolls, teddy bears, stuffed animals and her scrapbooking stuff. She smiled and put her new bear next to a brown bear wearing a sweater. She looked at her dolls and bears and said: "Be kind."

Summer left the room and the bear wearing the sweater said: "Hey! You with the black and white stripes, did you just get out of prison?"

A brown bear with a lace bib said: "You will give us a bad rap! You don't belong with us."

A Raggedy Ann Doll in a purple dress said: "You were named after a villain on "Days Of Our Lives". You are the Phoenix, Stefano. Don't pick on the new guy."

Angelique, the pretty ballerina bear said: "Give him a chance. We were all manufactured and Ann was homemade."

A black and brown teddy bear wearing a Smoky Mountain T-shirt said: "I came from the mountains. You called me a Hillbilly Bear!"

Princess Diana Beanie Bear said: " That wasn't very nice how you treated Smoky. Make the new bear feel welcome."

Another brown bear said: "Who ever heard of a zebra striped bear? Hey, Cecil, the Lion Beanie Baby, don't you eat zebras? Go eat him!"

The two rude bears laughed. Cecil said: Look. I was named after a friendly lion who was killed. Some of you bears don't play nice."

Summer came back into the room and hugged the zebra striped bear. "I will call you Stripes. You know I bought you because the money they get off you and the bears like you they sell is being used for the children's hospital to help save them from dying of cancer and research for a cure. Welcome, my new friend." Summer kissed him and put him down and left.

The room was quiet. The two rude bears hung their heads. They apologized and shook hands with Stripes.

Stripes smiled. "I am different but those poor kids are bald and sick and I was hugged by a sick child. I feel special."

Princess Diana Beanie Bear smiled and sat by Stripes and Raggedy Ann gave him a hug. All the bears and dolls went to greet Stripes. They told him he is special.

The purple bear named Prince said: "I am named for the Rock Star who died. His child died shortly after he was born. I feel a connection to you." Prince hugged Stripes and started singing "Purple Rain."

Summer heard "Purple Rain" and quietly opened her doll room door. She saw her stuffed animals and dolls holding hands and dancing. She was surprised but happy. Her stuffed animals and dolls were all friends now. Somehow, she knew that they always communicated but it would be her secret. She loved her toys. Life was good.

Personal Note: I just bought a zebra striped teddy bear and the proceeds go to help sick children at Riley's Hospital. I do own the bears and Raggedy Ann Doll mentioned. I loved writing this and my zebra bear is on my couch right now. I told my husband my other stuffed animals and dolls might not accept him. He said they will. I will get him to my Doll Room soon. This is why I wrote the story. Thank you for reading.

Cute old fashioned Teddy Bear in museum.
Cute Teddy Bears on a bike.
© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2095546-The-Special-Misfit-Zebra-Teddy-Bear