*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2096715-Despicable-Rake-Of--Sun-Valley--Acres
by JOHN
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2096715
a bickering family is still a family
The Despicable Rake Of Pleasant Valley Acres

The enterprising suburbanite fired with great wrath and vexation, quickly descends from the rooftop of his comfortable dwelling, ( maybe not quite as carefully as would be considered prudent)

Aluminum ladder vibrating, clanging and clanking ominously against the gutter as he does so, this exciting cacophony being greatly enhanced by his rather substantial paunch.

His favorite telecast would soon come forth and the possibility of his missing the event loomes as a perfectly dreadful prospect.... now accelerating his descent with careless abandon , "get that despicable rake out of our yard immediately, how many times must I insist on,".... just at this very instant calamity befalls, as a most unfortunate misstep occurs, unexpectedly his foot slips well before reaching the final low rung of his precariously bouncing ladder.

Being greatly distracted and agitated by the presence of the most despicable rake in his yard, along with other cumulative effects of his aforementioned behavior, (and maybe a few other obscure variables added to the mix here and there) precipites his precarious plummet, flailing of extremities and the forth coming painful thud...

It just so happens that the despicable rake being in very close proximity to this "unfortunate mishap"comes on the scene in quick response, seeing the event as it plays out, as his bellowing son-in-law's anguished cries for help echoed forth .

"Well, you young whippersnapper I told you to be careful on that flimsy aluminum ladder, too hard headed to use my much more sturdy and dependable wooden ladder, or maybe just in too big of a hurry for your own good ! Even fiberglass is way-way better than aluminum any day of the week., you surly and contrary knave, common sense is surely not your strong suit."....

"Yes , yes, yes tis true, true, true, so very-very true I'm guilty, guilty, guilty- so excruciatingly guilty," cries out the enterprising suburbanite, having landed on his more than ample posterior, and thus cleverly avoiding any serious injury.

"And I'm in love with your dear- dear daughter too, don't forget to include that while you're at it!!!"












© Copyright 2016 JOHN (iziecooper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2096715-Despicable-Rake-Of--Sun-Valley--Acres