*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2096922-Bake-Sales-and-Yard-Sales
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2096922
Flash Fiction
Bake Sales and Yard Sales

“You don’t need to shout; I can hear you just fine,” Angie said, to her sister Sara.

“Then why are you still sitting? We only have so much time and there’s a lot to do, no time for sitting!”

“I’m thinking.”

“What do you need to think about? We need to make the pies that you promised, and get them wrapped and over to the school before noon! I wish you would stop volunteering me for things, or at least ask me first! Sometimes I could just crown you…”

“I don’t know how to bake.”

“Or cook! Why don’t you volunteer things you do know how to do?”

“They can’t sell snarky remarks… Hey, do you remember the cake we bought at the bake sale in October, Janice Woodrow’s cake?”

“Yes, it was a tad dry I thought…”

“I think I saw that cake at Dilly’s Market yesterday.”

“No! You think she bought the cake? She bought a cake and passed it off as her own? No!”

“I’m pretty sure, yes. And right next to that cake were apple pies! Nice looking apple pies… already baked! We could go pick up a couple, put them in our disposable pie plates and we’d be done!”

“You mean lie about our pies? About my pies?”

“Well, we wouldn’t need to put our name on them… we could just drop them off, check off our names on the drop off sheet and leave. Who would know? Do you really want to spend all morning baking pies when we could be yard-saleing? Dilly’s Market makes nice pies, and it’s for a good cause and, they’re having a neighborhood yard sale on Tremont street… a whole neighborhood’s worth of stuff Sara…”

“Now I really could crown you Angie… The Queen of Good Ideas! Let’s go!”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2096922-Bake-Sales-and-Yard-Sales