*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2097805-Somethings-not-right
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2097805
An insane dream unfolds before you and you can only wonder why... What did you do...?
You looked around the room. It was your room, so why did it feel so... unfamiliar? Everything looked like it was rearranged and reversed, like the air was backwards and your brain was inside-out. You felt safe, it was your room, why wouldn't you be safe?, but a certain vibe in this room felt like it was playing tricks on you, wanting you to be scared. You weren't fooled, you weren't scared, so why were you crouching and shivering in the corner all of a sudden...? You forgot you had organs for a second. You stood up, but your legs weren't there anymore. Was this a dream? you walked out the door- wait... why isn't there a door here? How did you get in this room in the first place? Utterly confused, you sat back down, only to realize there wasn't a floor... "Who put this ocean in my room!?" You shouted in someone else's voice. The furniture was missing now and the sky was a mocking shade of pale red. It looked like the sky was leaking, drop by drop... down unto your hands. You looked closely at your hands, there was a knife in one. You heard a sudden crowd of laughter. The world was spinning around you, everything seemed to take a faster pace and the ocean waves switched direction. "W-What?!" you tried running but fell down deeper into the ocean. Reaching your hand out, in hopes of grabbing back something you dropped. A piano was being violently misplayed in the distance. You splashed out of the ocean from the bottom, like there was another world below you before and now it was above you and now you were in it. Rather shocked-looking monkeys stood gaping above you and they didn't have faces. Voices swirled around you. Your legs were back a while ago, what other choice was there but to run? You ran, flashing lights behind you. A happy whisper congratulated you, but you didn't like it like you used to because now it seemed crooked and you could barely understand what it was saying anymore. When would the running end?! They were close behind you, shouting and shooting. Your eyes opened. Time moved so much slower now. Slowly, your arm stretched out to grab something back that had left you years ago... and you did. The shouts stopped, you dropped your knife and passed out. You woke up in the prison. You picked up your dusty old pillow and sat up, taking the doll it was covering under it. You set the pillow back down with the doll in your hand. You leaned closer to it and whispered softly... "Can you forgive me...?" Your tears dripping down on it. You laid back down. The End?
© Copyright 2016 Bugaloo (bugaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2097805-Somethings-not-right