*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2098698-Benny
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2098698
How a lonely blue elephant meets the friend of his life

Benny, the blue elephant



Benny is a very cute blue elephant with big blue eyes. When you look into them you melt down and fall right away under their magic spell.

Unfortunately for Benny, nobody stays too much under this kind of ... charm.Benny___html_m767e9bae.png

Who knows, Benny might himself make the spell vanish. At this point of the story, you need to learn a troubling truth: Benny is a very talkative elephant.

Nobody can resist listening to him too long. That's why Benny does not have friends and he cannot understand why all the other animals and birds are avoiding him. Every passing day he is lonelier and lonelier and sadder and sadder.

One day, after drinking water from the river, a gorgeous, violet butterfly landed on his trunk. The butterfly was, maybe, very tired.

For the first time in his life, Benny was speechless but it took him less than a couple of seconds to wake up from this unusual state and a torrent of words started to flow from his big mouth, faster and faster and louder and louder.

The butterfly didn't move nor did he fly away. On the contrary, he seemed to be very happy to listen to the noisy elephant.

Time passed since the day of this unusual meeting. Today, if you happen to take a walk in the jungle, don' be surprised if you come across these two inseparable friends, Benny and the silent Butterfly.

Nobody in the jungle can understand this strange friendship but nobody knows, not even Benny, that the beautiful butterfly is a little bit ... deaf.



Benny___html_4d7bbaa1.jpg



© Copyright 2016 Maria Coca (mariacoca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2098698-Benny