*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2100874-Everything-starts-with-words
by Miz
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2100874
A short love story
Kristin Waters


Everything starts with words
The morning starts with a little bit of chat between the friends, and the friends want to know the details between her and what they call "the boy toy". The bell rings to go to class and "we're just friends" barely comes out of her mouth as she hustles down the stairs to arrive on time. She holds on to her books with the thought of him captured in her consciencess. All during class, this boy wouldn't leave her mind. She imagined a perfect life, the one that girls always dreamt about. With the flowers and the kisses and all the popular girls being jealous of her for having "him". The only way her dream could come true is if she acted upon it. After class, anxiety clung to her like a child held to their blanket. Nothing bad could happen, she had been talking to him for a good bit now and both knew their feelings, just didn't do anything about it. Maybe because they were different, different from the rest of them. But who really was consisted of "them"? Other people shouldn't control decisions. The only thing now keeping her from her happiness was her head, that was once the cause of her happiness. Our thoughts mess up everything. More often than it should, always creating doubt or a ridiculous excuse. Walking to the cafeteria, she came to the conclusion and did what needed to be done. She went right up and pulled him aside and told him that he was what she wanted, even if it meant risking their friendship. Determined but ready for humiliation, she was given a surprise that he agreed. "I became too afraid to say anything because you meant a lot to me, so I stayed silent." She felt extremely relieved. It was like all the weight of the world fell off of her shoulders. A smile lit her face up to the point of her looking as red as a tomato. With that, they started their adventure together as a couple. After being together for a while, it wasn't a pretty fairytale. Surely nothing could be, but if anyone knew a perfect relationship, this came close to one.

© Copyright 2016 Miz (mizkrazykay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2100874-Everything-starts-with-words