*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2102764-Cousin-Scooby
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2102764
When a young woman is kidnapped, her boyfriend turns to the fearless gangster for help.
Cousin Scooby
By Damian Sanders

I.

“Look at all of this money! I told you I was going to be the man, didn’t I?” Miles said.

Adrian nodded, gutted a Swisher and packed it with weed.

“You need to stop sleeping on my skills, girl. I’m that dude now! My pockets will be fatter than Scooby’s.”

“Slow down baby,” Adrian laughed. “I don’t think you need this joint.”

“What? Why not?”

“Because, niggah! You are already too high if you are talking that shit.. You are going to have more money than Scooby? Niggah please!”

“So you think that I’m never going to be about shit? Well fuck you, bitch!”

“Bitch? Your mom is a dirty bitch! You too damn sensitive. I was just saying that Scooby has a lot of money, damn.” Adrian placed the lit joint to her lips and inhaled. “Take a hit of this and calm your sensitive ass down.”

Miles focused on his thick hipped girlfriend as she made her way to the bed, crawled over his body and teased his lips with the joint. “That’s right. Who is the man?”

Adrian rolled her eyes. “What else can I get the man?”

An explosion rocked the studio apartment and the door was reduced to splinters. Miles tossed Adrian from the bed and grabbed his Smith & Wesson from the nightstand. He squeezed two shots and ran to the bathroom, locked the door and screamed, “Fuck you, motherfuckers!”

The two story drop could have been twenty, but he didn’t care because it was the only way to escape his attackers when they broke down the bathroom door.
Three motorcycles and riders in black surrounded Mile’s Impala so he ducked behind some bushes and crawled through the cover. The smallest of the riders spoke in in a language Miles couldn’t understand, commanding his team to spread out and look for the missing man. It was a short crawl to the street, and the escape got to his feet and jumped in a taxi.
“Drive!”

“Where to, Sir?” the taxi driver asked.

“Just go, anywhere! Now!”

II.

Kim rolled her eyes at the scrawny man standing in front of her. “Anyway, you can’t have my phone number. So go back to your little want to be gangster friends on the basketball court.”

“So it’s like that,” the young man said and snatched her bikini.

Kim reached for her top and bumped the side of the barbeque; she hissed in pain. A drumstick fell from the grill and landed on the deck The party stopped.

“Oh shit,” Kim said. “I am sorry, Scooby.”

Scooby stood from her seat next to the grill and her six foot frame, removed her shades and scowled at Kim. “That’s your piece. Eat it.”
Kim looked for support in the eyes of the guys and girls at the backyard barbecue but none of them came to her aid. She stood topless and silent before picking up the chicken.

“Go ahead, girl. Eat. Tell me how good my cooking is,” Scooby said.
“Your cooking is the best, Scooby.” Kim nibbled the drumstick.

“Good, I am glad you like it. Now get your fine dumb ass away from my fucking grill!” Scooby slapped Kim’s ass hard. “Do any of you other simple minded motherfuckers want to bump my grill?”

Everyone backed away and went back to basketball games and volleyball; Scooby nodded and sat back into her chair and watched the cooking meat.

A dark man in black jeans and white shirt approached Scooby, he handed her a phone. “It is that fool, Miles,” Ghost said “It sounds serious.”


“Scooby, I got hit!” Miles voice rang through the she placed the phone to her ear.

“OK, Miles. Chill out. What happened?”

“I was in my apartment, counting your money and Yoshi Takami’s boys rushed in.”

“Takimi’s boys?” Scooby shook her head. “That doesn’t make any sense. You sure it was Yoshi Takami’s boys?”

“Hell yes it was them. They had them bad ass bikes in the lot and was speaking that ching chong bullshit. It was them! Scooby, they took all the money and Adrian.”

“They got my little cousin?”

“Yup, they took her.” Miles said. His tone was low and fear was in his voice.

“Where are you, Miles?”

“I am over here by East Valley Theaters. What do you want me to do?”

“Stay put,” said Scooby. “I am sending in the troops.” Scooby nodded at the dark man in jeans.

“That is what the fuck I’m talking about!” Miles nodded.

III.

Scooby spent the next few hours screaming into her phone and barking orders to her team. She reached the point where there was nothing left to do but wait, so she showered, smoked, and relaxed in recliner with a Playstation controller in her hands.

Her door opened and one of her soldiers said, “Miles is here.”

Scooby waved her hand and Miles took a seat next to her on the couch. He was dressed in dark jeans, white Adidas shoes and matching tee. There was a small cut on his lip. “Thanks for sending the troops to get me, Scooby.”

“They hooked you up with the new gear to, right?”

“No doubt. A brother didn’t have time to get dressed, you know? I appreciate it.”

“No problem,” Scooby said. She turned off the game, slipped her green sneakers on her feet, and stood from the couch. “Follow me.”

Scooby walked through the carpeted halls of her home, past graffiti covered walls. She paid neighborhood kids to tag them with her logos and the names of the fallen in her crew.

“So what are we going to do?” Miles asked.

“Yoshi’s crew is hanging out at Club Yamato tonight. We are going to pay them a visit.”

“Yo, hold up,” Miles protested. He stopped and put his palms in the air. “We can’t just roll up into that spot. That is foreign territory. Those motherfuckers will cut us down, man.”

“No they won’t,” Scooby said. She smiled and opened a door. “Takami has something I want, and I have something he wants too.”


Sitting in the center of the room, gagged, half naked, and bound to a chair was a petit woman with olive skin and long straight black hair. Her almond shaped eyes shot heat at her captives and her high pitched voiced cursed through the gag.

Miles nodded and clapped his hands together. “Damn, Scooby! You snatched Yoshi Takami’s wife? You are fucking gangster!”

“Believe that,” Scooby agreed. “Let’s roll.”

IV.

The line outside of Club Yamato snaked for half a block. Young Asian men and women, dressed in expensive and trendy club wear, waiting impatiently for entrance. All eyes turned to the black SUV with heavy chromed bumpers and rims as it pulled to the curb in front of the popular club. People whispered and shot dirty looks of disbelief as Alison Takami exited the vehicle in a stunning black outfit; she was followed by three casually dressed blacks.

The large bouncer did not dare touch the club owner’s wife. He let her and her entourage pass without question. “That’s right, Bruce. Back the fuck up,” Miles laughed.

Scooby followed the Japanese woman closely as they made their way through the dance floor, passed the bar and down a long hallway. Twin guards stood on either side of a heavy red door. They lowered their heads to show respect for Alison, and the smaller of the two opened the door and waved the group inside. Scooby swallowed hard and entered the room.

The lighting was dim but comfortable and the room was much cooler than the club and dance floor that they had walked through. Long red leather couches lined the walls and there was a massive desk as the center piece of the room. Seated in an expensive, high backed chair was a lean and long faced man. He was dressed in a white suit with black tee and a single platinum chain was around his neck. He smiled to his wife and then nodded to Scooby.

“Welcome my friend,” Yoshi said. “Thank you for bringing what I have been looking for.”

“No doubt, Yoshi,” Scooby nodded and pointed to Adrian who was seated between two men on a couch. “You been treating my cousin good?”

“She was not harmed. My associates were just trying to collect the debts that I am owed and she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope you understand…”

“Fuck you, you fake as want to be gangster. I told you I would pay you when I got around two it. You Las Vegas ninja looking mother fucker,” Miles said. He punched his hand into his fist and looked Yoshi straight in his eyes.

“You see what I have been dealing with?” Yoshi shook his head. “This little man irritates me to no end.”

“I know what you mean,” Scooby said. “Let’s just do this and be done.

“Agreed,” Yoshi said. He waved two fingers at his wife.

Alison smiled and hugged Scooby. “It was great seeing you again, old friend. Girls night out next weekend?”

“No doubt,” Scooby said.

Adrian walked across the room and hugged her cousin. Scooby took her by the arm, and the barrel chested soldier pushed Miles into the hands of Yoshi Takami’s men.

“What the fuck, Scooby?” Miles struggled against the men’s grip. The punched and kicked him until he crumpled to the floor.

Yoshi held Miles by his jaw and grinned. “Welcome my friend.”

“Scooby, hold up, wait!” Miles protested.

“Me and Yoshi are tight. We go way back and I’m not letting a two bit bitch fuck up my shit? ” Scooby snapped her fingers and led her troops from the room.


© Copyright 2016 Damian S (dcsanders at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2102764-Cousin-Scooby