*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2102952-What-is-fun
by tejas
Rated: E · Article · Entertainment · #2102952
This article explores different aspects of fun.

What is fun?



Summary

This article explores different aspects of fun. It analyzes fun and having fun from different viewpoints. It includes all major points and can be assured that it is free of plagiarism and is also grammatically correct. It has different parts such as why should one have fun, impact of fun on mental and physical health and also what fun actually is.





Let us explore the world of fun. Let us start by looking at what fun is. Everybody knows the importance of fun in life. But how much of it do they actually know?

Having fun starts right from childhood. People tend or claim to have had a lot of fun in their childhood. But, what happens to that fun as we grow older. Does it diminish? Does it remain the same? But, what exactly is fun? Let us take a closer look. Having fun relieves stress. In today's world, stress is an inevitable factor. With increasing workloads, getting stressed out is the word of the day. So, having a little fun can help get rid of stress. Not only does it help get rid of stress. But, it also helps us maintain good physical and mental health. But, is that all why people have fun? To relieve stress? Now, let us come to another important aspect of fun. How does one have fun? What does "having fun" mean to individuals.

Fun could be anything to do with enjoying the company of friends and relatives to surfing to watching a movie. It's quite personal. Fun is concerned with two kinds of people. There are the happy ones and you have the serious ones. What we have seen above is concerned with the happy people. The only question is, do serious people have fun? If they do, how? Serious people do have fun sometimes. But they go back to being serious after a while. It's a fact. Everybody loves fun. But as far as serious people are concerned, they have specific things they do for fun. Now, these things differ from the happy people in distinct ways. For instance, for the happy people, everything in the ordinary from having a party to texting friends to enjoying a movie might be fun-filled. As for those who are always serious, focusing on their work and different aspects of their lives might be termed as "having fun".

Although it may seem that everybody and anybody can have fun, having fun is still a mindset. It has that aspect of the influence of people around us. Two people having the same mindset, those who have the same thoughts, have gone through the same experiences may enjoy having fun together. On the other hand, people who are lonely or who like being alone may choose to have fun in solitude. They find things that they enjoy doing alone. Without any company. However, it does not mean that those who like to be alone always do not enjoy the company. They too have the urge to share something with someone. It is a necessity for all human beings. So, every now and then, they too enjoy having fun with others. But, what distinguishes these people from the rest of them are their choices. They may not choose to be with everyone and anyone. They choose to be with their kind only.

Another question on having fun is the choice of company. How do people choose others with whom they want to have fun with? Again, this choice is purely personal. Usually, people who enjoy the company of many different people are deemed "normal". And those who like to keep to themselves, "abnormal". But, why do we need to make this distinction? What has it got to do with fun? We always think of "abnormal" people as a liability. Hence, they do not perceive the fun abnormal people have in terms of their own.

Now, we come to another aspect of fun. The impact fun has on mental and physical well-being. One of the most important things that distinguish us from animals is our ability to see the world in different perspectives. Animals do have fun. Rolling around and jumping and hopping is fun for animals. However, it does not give the same pleasure as having fun in the human gives for human beings. But how? Since humans are more complex beings, complexity gives us pleasure. Just jumping around may not give a human the same pleasure.

In the stresses and strains of today, it is essential to find time for fun. But at the same time, too much fun can spoil the mood. Hence, we need to find a balance between fun and work. Too much work can be stressful. That is why it is important to have fun once in a while. You know, just take some time off, and relax. Enjoy the good things of life.

Fun is essential to life. Without fun, we would burn out. So, take some time off. Have fun. And then get back to work. Once you do that, you feel refreshed and can do your work quite comfortably.

Author bio

I am Tejas Prasanna. I am a student of arts in THE OXFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS Bangalore, India. I am a good writer with proficient literary and language skills. I hope that my article gets published.

© Copyright 2016 tejas (tejas_p at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2102952-What-is-fun