*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104733-Jake-and-Jason-Chapter-one
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2104733
The first chapter in a recurring story arc of my best friend and me.
Jake and Jason Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE

With the High school troubles all put behind us, there were a few things that changed us the way we were before Halloween.
One of them, was that while I was making new friends on my school, Jake couldn't do that on his school.
Except for one, Mike. Mike and Jake were in the same class and knew each other.
It seemed only logical for them to become friends, especially when they've put the bullying aside.

At our high schools, there always were school parties to enjoy. Since we were at different schools, we never went to the other party.
During the first of the school parties, a friend of an yet unnamed friend, brought liquor to the party.
It seemed so cool and it was nice. I found relaxation and dared to party!
The following school day, I was invited to one of her parties at home.
I agreed, and went to that party a few days later. I saw some people I knew of, but there was one individual that I vaguely knew.
He acted like he know me and told me his name, Dimitry.

Dimitry and I drank and continued to keep drinking, until I headed home, where he walked with me.
Walking together then, we quickly became friends at school after that.
It was during one of the fights I had with Jake, that he was involved.
Being the annoying douche-bag I am, I added him to the conversation online.
It was me who added him. It was me who started to bully him again. And Dimitry did the same.

After a few days, he came begging to me to stop it all (included the ignore that followed).
As he made his plea, I accepted it, but not after the humiliation. (which was begging on his knees in front of me and Dimitry.)
Why I did that, I did not know, probably because it wasn't great at home back then.
But that we continued like nothing happened is what bugged me.

Dimitry and I made clear that this was not something taken lightly, whereas he answered "I know".
We went to another of those parties, where we drank and made pictures.
Those were used for another bully session against him (I know I was a real douche-bag).
It was then at that moment, he forgave me again, although he was worried about drinking so early on.
I promised he didn't have to worry, and so he did not as token of friendship.
And boy was I wrong there!

After I got a job at the local grocery, I made a few friends at work as well.
It are those who were older then me, earned more and had more fun.
It was on a Monday, that after work, they invited me for "A few drinks". They would pay and no debt or anything was added.
Trust me when I say that was at the moment good, and for a long time too.
A few weeks later, we also went on Thursdays as well.
Although sending pictures to Dimitry, I accidentally sent some to Jake as well.
He was so worried, he came to pick me up. We all laughed at him, and after a while I went with him.

We got another fight because he was done with it and said that I might get or have an alcohol problem.
"Especially when you consider this a way to flee you problems at home!" he said.
"Whatever floats your boat, but get off my back while doing so!" I responded.
That was when we got another fight, but this time he used the pictures against me to "get the feeling of being bullied".

During that fight that lasted for like, a month or so, Dimitry and I went to parties again. I started picking up smoking too.
It was at that moment, I was worried myself, but kept smoking since it was standard at work too.
I stopped going out on Mondays and Thursdays, but the smoking at work is something I couldn't get rid off.
So I did the worst decision there is. I made peace with it, since my whole family is smoking too.

The following half-year or so went on like normal. Everything seemed normal. But boy oh boy, was I wrong.

Dimitry and I went to a few other parties, but while walking with him home, he had an accident and broke his arm due to the fall he made.
I vowed to myself that this could not continue, so I made up a few rules. It was then that Jake wanted to go out too.
Especially with me, since then he had something to talk about to someone he knew.
It was fun and Dimitry came with us too after a while.

A few weeks later, it was time, Halloween!
What happens then, will be written in "Halloween night"
What happens next, with Jake and me, will be written in "Jake and Jason, Chapter 2"
© Copyright 2016 Dutchhunter (dutchhunter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104733-Jake-and-Jason-Chapter-one