*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104745-Halloween-Night
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #2104745
The thing about the last decent night I can remember being out with friends, before...
HALLOWEEN NIGHT

Halloween, although not celebrated here big-time as in the USA, we still have drink and costume parties.
We all decided to go this night, because we all had time and some haven't seen each other in weeks.
So there we were, ready to have a fun night to forget of the "troubles" we had.
Little did we know that our "troubles" were nothing compared what would hit us.

We were all a bit tense, as it is a while ago. But with alcohol, you can always make it less tense than it supposed to be.
Although money isn't a general problem at that time, we decided that everyone pays for themselves, just in case.
This also means less trouble and doesn't give you the good old "you owe me" sentence that ruins the mood.
My friends being who they are, never had problems with my rules as it was.
Except, I didn't calculate in that we would go to another club.
A few of us (including me) bumped into acquaintances and other friends and kept talking.

By the time we winded down, I saw Dimitry being a bit tipsy again.
Me, not forgetting my own rules, decided to talk to him into drinking something else.
Being busy with that, I didn't pay attention what else was developing at the table.
There was a heated argument and as I turned around, the ex of my co worker has joined the table, sitting next to her.

I decided to buy Dimitry a coke and sat at the table. There was this awkward silence that was linging at the table when I joined.
I knew the details of what happened, but most of those at the table only heard rumours.
As soon as he started to talk to my co worker again, she got tears filling up her eyes and she ran away.
Of course, as a good friend, I talked him down to have a free beer if he let's her off the hook for tonight.
(He left after the beer, not heard anything from both sides that evening.)

It was when I returned from outside (because my friends needed a smoke), that I saw it was getting even more awkward.
Apparently, Dimitry had a nice conversation with Alice, but spilled his whiskey over her.
Being the gentleman I am (and the rules there are), when she said she wanted to go home, I offered to walk with her.
She said she is sleeping at the co workers place (who left in tears, that co worker).
Luckly, she lived nearby, so I returned rather quickly.

I see Dimitry with another beer, I see Mike bullying Jake again and Ricardo and his brother Leroy were having an argument again.
I grabbed Dimitry's beer and drank it, while giving him a coke, tried to convince Mike either needs to stop bullying or I'd throw his cigarettes away. Ricardo and Leroy stopped rather early because "They didn't feel like it".

As the curtains closed of the club, we decided to stay after closing time and went crazy singing and dancing along to the music.
As I walked Jake home, I decided to stay at Dimitry's (because he needs it more).
After all that fun, Dimitry said he spilled his whiskey to "make sure I got a shot at Alice".
When we arrived at his house, we winded down and went to sleep.

The problems we got the next morning?
Jake owes Dimitry 50 bucks, Ricardo and Leroy got into a fight and stopped talking to each other over girls, Mike hooked up with someone unknown to any of us, including himself. Alice and I spoke a bit, except that was because of the worries we shared for the drunk friends that were there too.
Me? I had a great night and an even better morning without hangover!

(This is the last night everything was normal and the worries for our problems weren't quite that big. Now, everything has changed and things haven't made it easy on us. Whether everything can go back to that Halloween night? Probably not, but I want to at least try!
From here on out, multiple stories can be followed as I see friends getting torned apart by relationships, financials etc.
To my greatest regret, I wish that when I wrote it all, I wouldn't think of any of this again and this would feel fictional to me...)
© Copyright 2016 Dutchhunter (dutchhunter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104745-Halloween-Night