*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104809-Santa-and-Jesuss-Have-a-Talk
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Holiday · #2104809
My entry for the December 2016 Dialogue 500
“You know, Jesus, we really do have a lot in common.”
“Really, Santa? Have you been dipping into the egg nog again? How could we have anything at all in common?”
“Think about it, Jesus. We both guide people’s behavior, for one thing. When kids know I’m watching, they are on the best behavior. When people go to church…. Same thing, right?”
“Okay, I’ll give you that one, but…”
“And, check this out. We are both different in different parts of the world.”
“What?”
“In some parts of the world I’m Santa. In other parts, St. Nicholas. Each part of the world presents me in a different way, but it is the same concept. As a deity, it is the same for you. You are the higher power people believe in, but a different higher power in different parts of the world and religions.”
“And, I suppose, we have one other thing in common. People can stop believing in either one of us at any time. I wish we did not have that in common.”
“You can’t let those people get you down, Jesus. Just like I don’t let twelve year olds get me down. A lot of them come back when they get older and have kids of their own. There’s only so much we can do. We have to rejoice and celebrate with those we have with us. We can always work at getting the others back, but those who still believe are important, too. We have to be happy and share their love, light and hope.”
“Easy for you to say, Santa. You have magic.”
“Ho Ho Ho! Magic could never trump miracles! Ho Ho Ho! Miracles are your magic, Jesus. And I think they are stronger than any flying reindeer.”
“Oh my Dad, you are right! I never looked at it this way before. We do have a lot in common! And thanks for the pep talk.”
“Any time. Merry Christmas, Jesus!”
“Merry Christmas, Santa!”

Word Count: 329
© Copyright 2016 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2104809-Santa-and-Jesuss-Have-a-Talk