*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2105969-Saving
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #2105969
A short story
The frame was beautiful. It is a luminant silver lined with light pink and lavender flowers. Etched at the bottom was a poem that read;
'she lived a happy life, lined with both sorrow and greatness. A light heart and a fiery soul. God bless her soul.'
If you looked close enough, you could see that it was the same poem written on the tombstone. Such a beautiful frame lined such a sorrow filled picture. But, the picture captured the sorrow perfectly. To add a certain emphasis, the picture was nearly completely black and white, the only color coming from a woman standing in front of the tombstone. ALYSON GREEN 2000-2013 it read. One could assume that the emphasized woman was the mother of the deceased. She stood with her back to the camera, setting a bouquet of flowers before the grave. The grim faces added, even more, sorrow to the picture. The potential buyer studied the photograph with the eyes of a critic.
"How much for this one?" The potential buyer asked the photographer.
"Oh, um, it's $1200 for that one," The young photographer answered.
"I'd like to have it. Please have it prepared for me," the potential buyer said, pulling out his check book. Five minutes later, the picture was ready. The buyer handed the young photographer a $1200 in trade for the beautifully framed photograph. As the man walked away, the young man went over his check. His eyes widened as he read the name of the man he had just sold his picture too. DR.HENRY GREEN.
© Copyright 2016 Anne Silver (ijmahri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2105969-Saving