*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2105990-Energy-2017-What-are-the-Options
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Scientific · #2105990
This article analyzes the different energy options available to us in 2017.
Energy comes in different forms. What are our different energy options in 2017?. The different energy options are fossil fuels, coal, solar energy, wind energy, hydroelectric energy, tidal wave energy, bioenergy, atomic and nuclear energy.
Fossil Fuels: Fossil fuels power our cars, buses, trucks, aeroplanes, ships and boats. It has the largest following in any range of energy producing resources. It is a non-renewable form of energy. It will eventually run out and we will have look out for alternate forms of energy to power our vehicular and other needs.
Coal: Coal is used to produce electricity in many countries. It is the primary source of electricity in the United States and accounts for 33% of the electricity produced.
Solar Energy: Solar energy is the energy derived from the sun. It is converted to electricity using panels of photovoltaics. It is a renewable source of energy.
Wind Energy: Wind energy is the energy derived from the conversion of the kinetic energy in winds to mechanical energy. Wind turbines can convert wind energy into electricity.
Hydroelectric Energy: Hydroelectric energy is energy created from turbines operating on dams on rivers. The energy is derived from falling water from the dams. The falling water powers a turbine which produces the electricity.
Tidal Wave Energy: Tidal wave energy is created by turbines powered tides. The tides operate on a high and low. This produces energy that powers the turbines.
BioEnergy: Bio energy is energy made from the chemical energy stored in substances possessing these properties. The different such substances are wood, wood waste, straw, manure, sugarcane, and other by-products from agricultural produce. The heat produced from the combustion is converted into electricity. Biofuels are fuels derived from biological resources and are used to power buses, trucks and other vehicles.
Atomic Energy: Atomic energy is energy contained between atoms. When the atoms are dissipated, it releases energy that can produce enough combustion for electricity generation.
Nuclear energy: This is one the most powerful forms of energy. The nuclei of radioactive elements have complex structures. Nuclear reactions of such materials produce enough heat to power large power stations.
© Copyright 2016 Soulraider (soulraider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2105990-Energy-2017-What-are-the-Options