*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2107137-A-lone-wanderer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lucy
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Travel · #2107137
A letter to home.
To whomever at home,

I'm writing from the outside. You should know that even if there's danger out here, I'm safe. I am safe because I am free and if I died during my stay then just thank the earth for my freedom and let me be in peace and happy. If I'm to die then you'll spread my ashes in a river or throw them off the highest mountain or you'll bury every part of me in every country in every continent known to man. Don't you dare lock my ashes away. My body does not belong in an urn or a casket for that matter.

It's unlikely that I'll die. I have made friends all over the world and humans can be so giving. Some of the company sheltered me, some fed me and most of them, both. I don't think I can ever repay them, however, I am thankful of the earth, most of all, for its nurturing habits. The sun rose when I thought the night would last forever. Sometimes I felt like the world had stopped turning but as the thought entered my mind, a ray of warmth would enlighten me. As the sun sprayed its venom, everything around me became infected, even the objects in the shadows. We were poisoned with blessings and miracles and it deeply saddens me that those I left behind may never see such fascinations. Sure they may win the lottery or paparazzi may stalk their doorstep but these are not the phenomenons I have seen. I have discovered the balance of a monkey and explored the colours of the rain forest. I have witnessed the curiosity of a child and the anger of a volcano: these are the miracles of life.

Before I left, I looked into the earths core. The lava melted my mind and now I think purely with my heart. Before, I may have bought a towel to the beach or worn a coat in the winter months, but now? I bury my head in the sand and catch a chill in December. I contradict. I explore. I breathe.

Please don't worry about me. I am happy; I am free.

Live, my friends. Be alive, my family. Love, everyone.

Yours faithfully,

A lone wanderer.
© Copyright 2017 Lucy (lucyrylands at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2107137-A-lone-wanderer