*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2107625-My-year-with-Dominick
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Self Help · #2107625
A story of change in character
My mind was locked behind walls of illusion. The date was the first of january year two-thousand sixteen and I was 23 years old. to push some things out of the way let me first explain to you guys who Dominick is. First name Dominick last name Cruz, is as I write this book a professional mixed martial artist and a very good one at that. This is what you need to know about Dom for now, as I will first let you know who I am.

I born and raised in Stockholm, the capital city of Sweden, by immigrant parents from India. I was just one of many kids growing up in the ghetto of Stockholm, which had its ups and downs.

Now this is not a story about mixed martial arts or about me loving Dom or some other weird crap, but this is a story of life, mindset and how a rather unsignificant year changed me as a person. Let's make some things clear Dominick cruz does not know who I am and thats not even important, but I just wanted you guys to know that this isn't about me personally knowing Dom, or him me.

To tell this story we will first have to look at both mine and Dom's life prior to 2016.

Dom: He was a dominant champion tore his ACL in his knees three times and I noticed thorugh interviews that he was getting stronger mentallt because of him having to deal with these setbacks. He was planning a comeback fight for the world title january seventeen 2016.

Me: Just the average guy who had big dreams and always thought that life would fix itself making me successful somehow. I was working night shifts lifting heavy boxes for the postal service and even though I was dreaming big, the dreams I had didn't reallt potray a clear vision of where I would end up, only that I had "succeeded", whatever that means. The word succeed is relative. I was out of shape and had many insecurities, which still have. 2016 was just another year and was maybe the time when life started to give me what I wanted.

So here we have two guys entering the world in 2016 with different goals, mindsets, and clarities of mind.
© Copyright 2017 JohnnyC (johnnycee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2107625-My-year-with-Dominick