*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2108839-No-BIG--Is-and-no-LITTLE-us
Rated: E · Article · Community · #2108839
As people, we are all important and part of this universe.
I am always amazed when an old thought comes back and reminds me of something I thought many years ago. This morning, I was reminded that there are no BIG 'I"s and no LITTLE "U"s, just people with different skills and abilities to make up our world. EACH of us contributes to our world in some way or another on some level or another at some time or another.

We are equally parts of our cosmos!

The more surprising fact is that we perpetuate this idea that some of us are more important to this world than are others. If there were no mothers in the world, there would be no people in the world. If there were no dads in the world, mothers would never give birth to a baby.

We are ALL Valuable regardless of race, sex, creed, gender, status, sexual orientation, religious preference, skin tone, physical stature and appearance, skill level, place of birth, or any other determining factors that may be used to categorize us.

When the great equalizer - death - knocks on our door, we all leave this world, and none of those characteristics make any difference at all.

The decision to treat all people equally and extend equity to every single individual is a personal choice - a choice that we have given up and allowed various cultures and classes of people to dictate.

I was reminded yesterday by a beautiful picture of a Black baby and a White baby playing together that racism, bigotry, and hatred aren't there at birth, but are taught, learned, and practiced in each of our cultures and passed down for generations.

SO, unless we change as people (change our inner core), no law will ever eradicate racism, bigotry or hatred. Those are learned behaviors. If we want better in our world, then each of us will have to do better starting with ourselves.

I AM IN! Are you?

Peace and blessings today and always.
© Copyright 2017 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2108839-No-BIG--Is-and-no-LITTLE-us