*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2109628-Revenge-of-a-Youtube-Star
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2109628
An attempt to write a short horror story that couldn't be too scary. . .
The girl stood in the shower and felt quite content. She liked scrubbing herself quietly with soap.

It was quiet. The only sound she heard was the steady stream of the water rushing down.

Or was there another sound?

Was somebody in the bathroom?

Her parents were supposed to be out for the evening, and her brothers never went near a shower if they could help it. She tried to laugh at this last thought, but somehow she couldn't. There was definitely someone stepping towards the shower.

A hand pulled back the shower curtain. She screamed as she saw a figure holding a knife in front of her.

The figure was her brother and he was laughing. Behind him, her other brother was holding a camera and laughing just as hard.

* * *


"This is awesome," said Tom, the next day. "We already got over a hundred views on YouTube."

"I know," said his brother, George, "That was a cool idea I had to add the music from Psycho in post-production."

There was a ping. Tom glanced at his phone. "I got a text. It's from Jill."

George laughed. "She's probably whining and begging us to take the video down. She's such a big baby!"

The text read, Hello guys. I'm at Beth's house. We were just watching your video."

Both boys smirked. Tom texted, "You're not mad are you? We made you a big star."

Why should I be mad? In fact, Beth and I are trying to get more people to see it.

Tom was puzzled. "Do you think she's serious?"

"I don't know," said George. He grinned, "Maybe she really likes that kind of attention. Deep down, our sweet little sister is an exhibitionist."

There was another text. Beth and I e-mailing links to the video to everyone we know including Mom and Dad.

The boys stopped laughing. They both turned pale white. Tom started texting, Jill don't do that. We beg you!"

A few minutes later there was another text "You can beg better than that!"

Tom was nervous. "What do you want?" Then, he added, "You know we can't buy you a pony."

"That would be nice, but I'll settle for this. Turn on your camera, Get down on your knees, and record ten minutes of wailing about how sorry you are. If that's posted on YouTube within the next half-hour, we can forget this. "

The boys looked at each other again. Tom spoke first. "I hate your dumb ideas!"

© Copyright 2017 Weirdone-Back in the games (weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2109628-Revenge-of-a-Youtube-Star