*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2112855-Horoscopes
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2112855
Flash Fiction
Horoscopes

Susan soaked up a little sun while making plans. The warmth, the sound of ocean waves, occasional gulls calling overhead, so peaceful. She could stay here forever, well, really she couldn’t.

The house was cut off from the public area by the sand dunes. From the beach, you could only see the roof. Susan knew this because Barry has brought her here along the beach last night. He’d told her it was his house.

Of course, he said he’d forgotten his keys when he broke the back window to get in. He seemed like a nice guy, but the fact that he didn’t know where the light switch was once they got in was a pretty big clue. She went along though, because it was easy. As he prepared his seduction, she looked around. Not much of value that you could carry away. Barry, fortunately, had a wallet full of cash, he’s been waving it around, showing off. No sense in letting it go to waste.

When he woke up he would find himself in the master bedroom. If he woke early enough he could probably get out before the real home owners returned, the drug only lasted eight hours.

Susan glanced at her watch, her taxi would arrive soon, she needed to walk down to the crossroad. Barry would to wake up around ten, by then, Susan, would be on her plane to Georgia. She’d originally had a ticket for yesterday but switched it when she’d read her daily horoscope. “Keeping a secret from a new friend will bring rich rewards.” She’d just met Barry, and he was really cute, so she certainly wasn’t going to tell him she was a shyster.

Susan decided then and there to buy another newspaper as soon as she got to the airport.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2112855-Horoscopes