*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/334981-Succeed-Submission-Guidelines
Rated: E · Article · Other · #334981
Information regarding submissions to the magazine "Succeed".
The following information regarding Succeed was gathered from Writer's Market (http://www.WritersMarket.com/) and Writer's Digest (http://www.WritersDigest.com/) .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SUCCEED Magazine is designed to provide its readers with information about post-graduate and continuing education programs. The magazine's editorial content includes information of interest to adults recommitting themselves to education and provides insight on making such a transition easier.

Published three times a year to coincide with the Fall, Spring, and Summer academic semesters, SUCCEED Magazine is distributed to colleges and universities, career and planning centers, corporations, and public library branches throughout the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut area.

SUCCEED Magazine is comprised of both regular departments and full-length feature articles. We typically pay $50 to $75 for department inclusions and $75 to $125 for feature articles. Departments run approximately 500-1000 words. Features should be 1,000-1,500 words in length. We usually buy first rights to a piece. We will consider buying second rights if your published piece has not appeared in a national magazine, continuing education-oriented publication, or any other magazine written primarily for adults returning to the classroom. For all departments and features, you will receive payment upon publication.

Please query us by structuring an article proposal in the following manner:
--Begin with the lead you expect to put on the article – grab our attention!
--Write a summary of your intended areas of coverage.
--Give specifics about who you plan to interview, what types of real-life anecdotes you'll include, which resources you plan to utilize, and what conclusion the story might reach.

(With your query, please send us two or three published clips. Please send photocopies; we do not return writing samples.)

Familiarize yourself with SUCCEED MAGAZINE. Get to know what kinds of articles interest our readership of over 155,000 professionals.

SUCCEED MAGAZINE Departments:
We‘re constantly developing new and innovative departments. Got any suggestions? Send them along, too!

Memo Pad - Consists of short, newsworthy items filled with information, tidbits, and trends that relate to today's changing job market and continuing education. Some recent examples include Open House events at various colleges and universities; Salary information; Time management tips and solutions; Money management short courses; etc.

Books - In every issue, we review books and guides that help advance one’s career; offer guidance to educational transitions; present an overview on post-graduate programs; suggest ways to reduce stress; explore alternative career opportunities; etc.

Solo Success - With today‘s proliferance of self-employment endeavors, home-business start-ups, and distance learning alternatives, more and more adults are focusing their attention on making their own "Solo Success." This department will include the important aspects of how to "do it on your own," as well as discuss economical forecasting affecting such pursuits; resources, books and software designed to effectively fulfill such aspirations; and more.

To Be - This mini-profile section presents inside looks at two or three persons in various careers. What do they do? What skills are required for them to do their jobs? What are their likes and dislikes? What advice do they have to offer others interested in pursuing careers in their field?

Financial Fitness - This section will show you how to keep your money in tip-top shape--even after you sign your tuition check! It consists of tips, information, and current trends on how to financially afford returning to school. Resources utilized include the latest books offering such advice, financial consultant services, economic research findings, etc.

SUCCEED MAGAZINE Features:
Submit your intelligent, thought-provoking ideas. To us, a winning article presents useful information with creativity! Here are some topics we’re interested in covering in future issues...
--Finding A Career That Fits
--Strategies For Successful Retirement
--Ethics In The Business World...Do They Still Existed
--Get A Jump Start On Your Return To School: It’s All About Portfolio Assessment!

Send all query letters and clips to:
Gina LaGuardia, Editor-in-Chief, SUCCEED MAGAZINE
E-mail: ramholtz@intercall.com.

Keep in mind that our response time to manuscripts and queries is approximately four to five weeks."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information regarding Succeed was gathered from Writer's Market (http://www.WritersMarket.com/) and Writer's Digest (http://www.WritersDigest.com/).

© Copyright 2002 The StoryMistress (storymistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/334981-Succeed-Submission-Guidelines