*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/369986-Simply-Irresistible
by Bernie
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #369986
She had a mane of fire with eyes of emeralds
         Mackenzie stood outside an old friend's house. "I'm always going to be here for you Mackie, you just come to me when you need help." She smiled as she remembered what her friend had told her. He had always been there for her, whenever she had needed him.
         Victor LaClair, a criminal justice lawyer, a son to a judge and a brother to a homicide detective. They were all smart men, very smart, and all for the legal system of the country. They wanted to protect, honor, and uphold the legal system of the country and they were doing the best they knew how.
         She shivered as she walked up the steps to the beautiful house. It was only last night she had believed she was on top of the world with the man of her dreams. Those thoughts had crumbled as soon as she had seen Alex in bed with another woman, and him telling her that she no good and that she wasn't worth the air that he breathed.
         Now, she had no place to stay and was alone. Victor had always been there for her and even though she hadn't talked with him in some time. She had heard he was married and had a little girl. She hoped she wouldn't be imposing. She just needed someone to talk to, to be there, and she needed a place to stay until she could find one of her own.
         She raised her hand and knocked on the door. She couldn't go back to her mother's, since they had ceased communication since she was sixteen years old. Her father died when she was eleven.

         Victor smiled at his daughter, who had drawn him a picture of her and him standing in front of a tree. His daughter, Elizabeth, was four. Her mother, Matilda, died two years prior, to breast cancer. So, it was him, his daughter, the house keeper, Maria, and the butler, Randall.
         "This is beautiful, Lizzy. You are going to be quite the artist when you get bigger."
         "You think so daddy? I want to be an artist when I get big." She put a big smile on her face and hurried over to the door, where she almost collided with Randall.
         "Be careful, Lizzy." Victor stood. "What is it, Randall?"
         "There is a woman here. She says she needs to speak with you."
         Victor nodded, dismising Randall. Who could it be? What woman? He stood there before he actually left the library.
         When he spotted her, he almost didn't recognize her. Her fire red hair was almost waist length, and she looked thinner than the last time he had seen her. It was the middle of June and by the look of her face, you'd think it was November.
         "Mackie." She looked up to see him and her beautiful, large, green eyes lit up as she smiled.
         "Victor." She came over to him and hugged him. "I'm so sorry it's been so long."
         "Don't worry about it. What brings you by?"
         "I need your help." She looked down at her hands, which were clasped in front of her. "I'm not in trouble, I swear."
         He placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her so that she was facing him. "What help do you need?"
         "I...I need a place to stay." She took a deep breath and let out slowly. "I caught my boyfriend sleeping with another woman and well, from the way he spoke to me, he hasn't loved me for awhile."
         "When did this happen?" He asked, concerned.
         "Last night."
         "Where did you sleep?"
         "I drove down the block from my house and slept in the backseat of my car."
         "The backseat of your car?" He questioned.
         She nodded. "I'll be out of you and your wife's hair. You won't have to worry about me. I don't intend on staying—"
         "My wife is dead, Mackie."
         She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it, finding herself feeling embarrassed and at total loss. "I'm so sorry, Victor. I...I didn't know."
         "So, don't you be worrying about not staying long. Stay as long as you need."
         "You sure?"
         "Yes."
         "Maria!" Victor called as a woman, in her late twenties, walked into the lobby. She had jet black hair, and black eyes. Her skin was olive, and she was a very beautiful woman. "Take Mackenzie here to her room and give her some clothes for her to change into and show her to the bathroom." He looked at Mackenzie. "You clean yourself up and look beautiful again." He gave her a soft smile and walked off.

         Mackenzie didn't know what to think of the immacurate home. It was three floors, a bathroom on each floor, six large bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, parlor, lobby, dining room, library, office, attic and basement.
         "Here you are, ma'am." Maria led Mackenzie to an oversized bathroom with a beautful white bear paw tub.
         She added bath bubbles to the water and then climbed in and sighed. She had placed her long red air on the top of her head, so none of it would get wet until she wanted it to.
         It felt like forever since she had had a nice bath, one that made you tingle from head to toe without cringing about thinking about when the last time the tub.
         As she rested in the tub, she remembered how she had once been. She was the crazy redhead with the wild green eyes. She loved to have fun, go to parties, and just have a good time. Her mother had inherited all of her father's money. He had owned and ran the bank which was used by everyone in the entire town, and her older brother, Samuel, who was just a big redhead like she, now owned it. She had been the rebel child once her father had died.
         As a teenager, she partied and had the time of her life. She disagreed with the statement, 'blondes have all the fun', and had changed it to 'redheads have all the fun'. She was sure to live up to that statement.
         She sat up and took her hair down, figuring it was probably time to wash her hair and get out before the water went cold.

         "I think it's time for bed, Lizzy. You have school in the morning." Victor picked up his daughter and kissed her on the forehead. "Go up with Maria, and she'll tuck you in."
         "Love you daddy."
         "Love you too, sweetheart." Victor hugged his daughter before setting her down.
         Lizzy was the most important thing in his life and loved her to death. He smiled as he watched her walk off, hand in hand, with Maria.
         Mackenzie had been on his mind since he saw her standing in the lobby. It had been ages since the last time he had seen or heard from her. He hadn't been able to contact her when he got married, like he had wanted to. She just hadn't been able to be located.
         There had been a time that Mackenzie Louiston had been a wild, untameable teenager. Just as wild, just as untameable, as that fire red mane of hers. Her hair had been shorter once. Around her shoulders at one time, but the longer style suited her best.
         She was a fiery woman. She had been the girl of the party; wild, untame, and gorgeous. She had been the flirt, the woman who wanted to take on the world.
         Seeing her in the lobby, she looked almost different, but she was still as beautiful as the last time he had seen her, which had been almost eight years ago. She had been eighteen then. She had run off saying that she wanted to make a name for herself in acting. Obviously, that plan hadn't worked out.
         There was a soft knock on the door. When he looked up, Mackenzie was poking her head through. Her face was carrying an uneasy smile. He grinned to let her know it was okay. "Feeling better?"
         She nodded. "Yes. I love that tub. I feel like I've just scraped off about a foot of grime."
         Mackenzie was wearing an oversized t-shirt and a pair of pajama shorts. Her hair was down and cascading down her shoulders and back. Her skin seemed to be glowing and it did everything for her eyes and hair which seemed to have a light all their own.
         "You look better." He said smiling.
         "Thanks, and thank you again for letting me stay with you."
         "You don't have to thank me, Mackie." He replied as he watched her sit down on the overstuffed victorian couch. "You don't have to sit all the way over there if you don't want to, either."
         She smiled. "I want to apologize for not visiting you more. My life was so messed before."
         "You seemed to be enjoying it." Victor recalled.
         Putting her hair behind her ear, she smiled and sat down next to him in an overstuffed victorian chair, with apolostry that matched the couch. "Yeah, I know I did." She looked towards the blazing fire. "I never did make it to Hollywood."
         "How come?"
         "I thought I had met, Mr. Charming-Who-ould-Take-Away-All-My-Problems. I was eighteen and I thought it would help me get over my father."
         "How long did it last?"
         "Not even ten minutes." She laughed as she brought her knees up and rested her chin on them. "He wanted in my pants and well, I took care of that."
         "Ahh, the fiesty part of you kicked in then?"
         "Yeah. That was so long ago." She replied. "What was her name?"
         "Pardon me?"
         "Her name. Your wife's. I heard, I don't know, a couple of years ago, that you got married. That and that you had a little girl."
         "Her name was Matilda. We met at this banquet for my firm."
         "I know I'm late, but I'm sorry for your loss."
         "Thanks." He watched her as he tilted her head back, and when the light of the fire touched her hair, it looked as though a fire all its own was igniting. She always had a mane of fire, but at this length, it literally looked like a mane of fire. With its vibrance of crimson, orange, yellow, and red, it was like a fire was alive and dancing on her scalp. And it attracted him.
         "Have you talked with your mom?" He asked, curious.
         "No. I haven't talked with her in forever. She never connected with me like my daddy did, and she will never forgive me about who I was."
         "Why don't you go over and see?"
         Mackenzie just laughed and a tendril of fire fell down her shoulder. "And give the poor woman a heart attack?"
         "Don't you want to make up with her?" Victor asked.
         "I don't know. To tell you the truth, I don't know if I ever could. She never once tried to talk with me. I think that was what I wanted most, but she was always with Samuel. Always taking him to band practice, or baseball games, or to concerts. Me, I had to always find my own ride."
         Mackenzie looked over at the fire and listened to the soft crackle and pops of the fire as it ate through the wood. There was silence between them, but it was hardly awkward. It felt weird to be in this house. She felt like she didn't belong, like so many other places.
         She looked at Victor from the corner of his eye and the corners of her mouth arched upwards. He was so dashing. If she had had any common sense when she was younger, she should've snached him up. She had always had a crush on him, but had been afraid to admit anything to him because of the way she was. He was tall, broad shoulders, dark hair, the bright blue eyes, and that body. She had always loved his body. She had been one of the fortunate girls to see him in swim trunks.
         He was still dashing and handsome, and the most sweetest man that she had ever come across. He was one of those men that you could feel safe in just their presence. Since that was the case, she couldn't imagine how she'd feel wrapped in his arms.
         Victor stood and stretched. "Would you like anything?" He asked. She looked up at him, and his gaze caught hers. He stared into her eyes and saw the vibrance shining in those emerald pools. He wondered how anyone could not love this woman.
         "What do you have?" She asked.
         "Follow me, and we can find out." He beckoned as he walked across the library to the large, wooden doors.
         "You don't know what you have in your own house?" She asked as she followed him.
         "I don't shop. That is Maria's job."
         "Maria's job? Wow, you really are a man."
         He looked back at her, with an arched eye brow. "I sure hope so. 'Cause, if I'm not, then I guess God got a little confused with the hardware."
         She laughed as he pushed open a door to reveal a beautiful white marble and ice blue kitchen. It was gorgeous and she was too afraid to touch anything.
         "Wow..." She looked around and ran a finger down the marble counter top and it felt smooth and cool.
         Victor watched in amusment as she took in the kitchen. He grinned as he walked over to the refrigerator and searched for anything that sounded appitising.
         "Find anything?" She asked, and suddenly she was behind him. He felt her breath on his neck, leaving the hairs raised in its wake. Damn her, what is she doing to me?
         He searched the shelves and found some left over beef vegetable soup. "Ah, this was from the other night. Maria makes good soup."
         "You can't cook?" She inquiered.
         "Of course I can, Maria just happens to do it."
         "Uh huh. I see. Can you warm that up, or should I call Maria?" She placed her hands on her hips and smirked as Victor gave her a look.
         "Very funny." He walked over to the cupboard and pulled out two bowls. Taking a ladle out of a drawer, he poured them both good helpings of soup.
         "Your daughter is cute." Mackenzie said with a smile as she tossed her hair over her shoulder as she spotted a picture of her daughter on the counter.
         "Thanks. She looks like her mother."
         "She's a cutie. She has your eyes I think. She's going to be quite striking when she becomes a teenager. You're going to have to hold on to her, you know." Mackenzie grinned and walked over to the bar and planted herself upon a stool.
         "You think?" He asked with raised eye brows as he stuck one of the bowls of soup into the microwave.
         "With that mahogany hair and those beautiful baby blues, you're going to have to put a force field around her. Let me tell you, I can see these things."
         Victor laughed and shook his head. "It would've been interesting to see you at that age."
         "No. I don't think it would." She replied as she pulled her hair back, held it with her hands and then let it fall.
         "And why not? I doubt you were one of those hideously ugly children." Look at you now, he wanted to add, but didn't.
         "I had puffy red hair and these large green eyes. I sometimes wondered if I was going to be one of those freak children." She said with a laugh.
         "I highly doubt that, very much." Victor replied as he removed one bowl of soup and put another in.
         "Well, of course, I don't have the puffy red hair anymore, do I?" She asked standing.
         Victor smiled. There was so much that he wanted to say, but didn't have what it took to say it. He knew, for a fact, that she was probably the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and that she wasn't at all what he had expected of her. At least, not yet.
         "No. It's just long and beautiful." He replied with a smile.
         She smiled and picked up the bowl. She tried to hold onto the edge of the bowl, but found it too hot to hold and the tip of her forefinger hit the soup and she dropped it with a yelp. "Damn!" The bowl fell and shattered against the linolieum floor. "Damn!" She instinctively put her finger in her mouth.
         "Are you okay?" Victor asked as he stepped over the mess on the floor.
         She took her finger out of her mouth to look at it. It was red, but fine. "How long did you put that in there for?"
         He took her hand and examined the finger. She had long, slender fingers, her nails semi-long and curved. They were soft, warm, beautiful hands. She looked up at him and was swept into the beautiful pools of blue. Dark hair was swept over his brow. "I'm sorry." His voice husky.
         "Yeah, sure you are." She replied. He kissed her forefinger and stared deep into her emerald eyes.
         "Has anyone ever told you just how beautiful you are?" The words escaped his lips without his permission.
         She crinkled her brow and smirked. "Is that a compliment?"
         "Of course." He replied.
         She smiled. "It's always good to hear one of those." Her voice was also husky.
         There was short distance between the two and then the beeper on the microwave went off and both Randall and Maria entered the kitchen with worry on their faces. They broke away from each other.
         "What happened, sir?" Randall asked.
         "Are you two okay?" Maria asked.
         "We're fine. Mackenzie just burned her finger in the soup. I think I might've put it in a little longer than necessary."
         "Are you all right ma'am?" Maria asked as she walked over.
         "Yes, I'm fine." Mackenzie replied as Maria's soft hands took hers and examined the finger.
         "We'll get this." Randall said as he squated down and began to pick up the pieces of the bowl.
         "Are you sure? You don't need any help?" Mackenzie asked.
         "Yes, we're sure. You and Master Victor go into the library." Maria said as she walked over to the closet and grabbed out a mop and bucket.
         As they walked out into the hall, Mackenzie stopped and yawned. "Tired?" She heard Victor ask.
         She looked at him, smirked and shook her head. "No. Not me." She replied, and yawned again. "Damn, foiled my plan." She stretched, standing up on her toes.
         Victor laughed. "I'll show you to your room."
         "But you'll be lonely. You can't converse with a fire, can you?" She asked as she put her arm through his and he led her up the stairs.
         "Ah, I've done well before you walked through my door, my dear." A long hallway beckoned before them as they reached the top of the stairs.
         Mackenzie yawned again. "Remind me never to sleep in the back of my car again, will you?" She told him as they walked down the hallway.
         Victor looked at her. "You shouldn't have done that, you know."
         "It couldn't be helped. I didn't want to drive too far, I was too upset. I probably would've crashed off some cliff and down onto jagged rocks or something."
         Was there humor in her voice? Victor couldn't tell, and hoped there was. "Well, it's a good thing you didn't." He agreed, stopping at a closed door. "My room is right next door."
         "Well, if I get lost, I'll know where to find you." She said with a smirk as he opened the door.
         She walked over to the bed and pulled back the covers. "Wow." Was all she could say as she slipped into the bed and snuggled into the pillow as she pulled up the covers. "You have magnificent beds, Victor. Can I borrow one?"
         Victor watched her from the doorway and smiled as she curled up into a ball. He stayed there for a few minutes before walking out and closing the door behind him. What was he doing? The same question had fled through his mind ever since she walked through his door. Since he had laid eyes on her.
         The incident in the kitchen was just too close. What the hell had he been thinking? He had been thinking of her lips, how soft, how warm, how moist and just how they would feel against his. He had wanted to run his hands through her hair, wanting to feel the silkiness, the thickness, the softness of it.
         The thing that irked him most, was thinking of where she'd go and where she'd be sleeping after she left here. Would the place she would rent be good enough for her? And the question that probably irked him the most was: Why the hell did he care? He hadn't seen her for almost eight years, and here she was, and he couldn't take her out of his mind.

         Mackenzie woke up, a dream had shattered her sleep. She ran a hand through her hair and sat up in bed. Her stomach rumbled and it was still dark out.
         She shoved off the blankets and climbed out of bed. The dream had been about Alex and Victor and how they had faught together and how they both had died. Her barefeet patted against the floor as she made her way to the door.
         The hallway outside her room was dark. She hurried down the hallway and quickly down the steps. Her hand grasping the bar. Her mouth was dry and she wanted a drink of water, along with a little midnight snack, since she hadn't eaten anything since that afternoon when she had gone to McDonald's and bought herself a burger meal with the money that she had snatched off her dresser.
         There was a small bit of commotion in the kitchen when she walked in. Maria looked up and smiled. "How are you, Miss?" She asked as she was washing down the counters and tables.
         "Mackenzie, please." She said as she walked across the floor.
         "Needing a midnight snack?" Maria asked as she ran the wash cloth beneath the tap.
         "Yeah. If you have anything." Mackenzie smiled as Maria motioned for her to sit.
         "I think we have too much food." She smiled and opened the freezer. "Would you like some cookies and cream ice cream?"
         "Oh! I love cookies and cream. Yes please!"
         "So, you knew Master Victor before?"
         "He was a good friend back when. He said he'd be there for me if and when I ever needed him. I was almost afraid to come, I wasn't exactly the best person in the world, back when."
         "Master Victor is a nice man. Very charming. If I wasn't married and had a baby, I would've gone after him." Maria said with a grin as she began to scoop out the ice cream.
         "How old is your baby?" Mackenzie asked.
         "She's going to be two in January. She looks just like José. She's got darling curly black hair and the biggest black eyes, with the softest coffee skin. She's so beautiful. I thank God everyday for His blessing."
         Mackenzie smiled. "I hope to be a mother some day. I want to be the best mother in the whole world."
         "You would be a great mother. I can see it." Maria handed the bowl to Mackenzie and sat down next to her. "You are a very beautiful woman, Miss Mackenzie. I've never seen anyone with fire red hair before. Your mother's?"
         Mackenzie shook her head. "No. It was my grandmother's. She was so gorgeous. My mother said I looked like her. She also mentioned that that was probably where I got my wild side from. I miss her."
         "Your mother?"
         "Not even close. I miss my grandmother. She used to tell me stories and she'd talk about her life back in Ireland, where she was from, and talk about princesses and they'd have my name and beautiful red hair like mine. I'd always wish that I'd have a castle and marry a prince." She grinned as she pulled out her spoon and stuck it into her ice cream. "It was a childish dream."
         "No dream is every childish, no matter the age that we make them." Maria stood. "I should probably head in. You just leave that bowl in the sink and I'll take care of it in the morning. Good night, Miss Mackenzie." Maria nodded and left the kitchen.
         Mackenzie stirred her ice cream before taking out a spoonful and eating it. She thought about having children. When she had been younger she had never wanted any. Now, she did, and she was always picturing herself sitting in a rocker with her little bundle of joy wrapped safely in her arms.
         When she got ready to actually have a baby, she wanted a daddy, just like the movies had and the cartoons. No artificial insemination or just having sex with some nameless guy. She wanted her baby created of love and faith.
         She hurried to finish her ice cream. She was feeling the onset of sleep. She put the bowl in the sink and walked out of the kitchen.
         Something caught her eye and she turned to see what it was. It was Victor, standing in the doorway of his library. "Midnight snack?" He asked.
         She took a step towards him. "Yes. Didn't have much to eat since early this afternoon."
         "I thought I heard someone rumbling in the kitchen. Maria help you?"
         "Of course. Where would we be without Maria?" Mackenzie smiled, she could see the flickering of the fire against the walls.
         Victor sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You better get back to bed. You look tired."
         Mackenzie just smirked and turned. As she walked away, she bit her low lip. Do something wild. Do something unexpected. Surprise him. She stopped, took a deep breath and turned. God, help me. She walked right up to him, wrapped an arm around his neck and kissed him on the lips.
         Victor felt his body tingle with a new warmth that was virgin to him. He was confused by this feeling. He wasn't sure whether or not to pull her closer or shove her away. He was afraid almost by liking this feeling, by liking her, too much.
         He pulled her away slowly, keeping his hands on her arms. She looked up at him with a hint of suprise in her eyes. "What have you done to me?" He asked her.
         A look of confusion spread to her beautiful face. "Was I wrong to do that?" She asked.
         "Did Mackenzie Louiston just ask if what she had done, was wrong? What has happened to you?" He asked with a smirk of interest.
         "I think I grew up." She looked embarrassed and turned. "'Bout time I suppose." She left him standing in the door of the library with the taste and feel of her lips on his.
         She hurried up to her room, her bare feet slapping against the wood floor. As she entered her room, she closed the door behind her and leaned against it. Did I go too far? Was I wrong? She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and just let her body walk to the bed. It was beckoning her, calling her body to it, to let her body enjoy a good nights rest.
         She climbed into bed and snuggled into the thick pillow and wrapped the blankets tight and snugly around her. It felt like ages since she had slept in a bed this comfortable. It felt good, damn good.

         Victor had left the library. He suddenly didn't want to be in there, and suddenly felt tired. He was also still in shock from Mackie's kiss. He couldn't believe that she had done it. He had been taken by her innocence, and the fact that her vibrance, her spunk, had died. Or, so he had thought. He touched his own lips and felt the radiance of Mackie's lips still upon his own. His lips were warm and slightly damp, it had been ages, he thought, since he'd last been kissed.
         He told Randall that he was heading up and that he'd see him in the morning. He was tired and he knew he needed some sleep. His daughter would be able to actually meet Mackenzie, before she ran off to that birthday part for her friend Morgan.
         As Victor climbed the stairs, he was trying to put Mackie and her kiss out of his mind. It wasn't that he didn't want her in his head, but it was the fact that she was stirring this emotions in him that he hadn't ever felt, or hadn't felt in such a long time. She was gorgeous, she was sweet, she had this wild aura about her, even if she tamed now, and that kiss she had given him had made him severely frustrated.
         As he reached the second floor, the hallway was dark with only the light from the bottom floor to light the second. He walked to his door, but stopped, and then walked down the hall to another door and opened it.
         Lizzy was sleeping soundly in her bed. Tendrils of mahogany curls were lying around her cherub-like face. Her doll, Melissa, was wrapped tightly in her arms. Victor smiled down at his daughter and felt his heart swell. His daughter was his life and he tried to be the best father he could for her. He wanted her to be the happiest bundle of smiles and giggles that had ever existed.
         He walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead. He smiled again as he headed for the door and almost stepped on one of her Barbie dolls. She had tons of them, and sometimes didn't put them back after she yanked them out. He'd have to discuss cleaning up after herself with her soon, he didn't want her to think it was okay with having a dirty room. Walking out of his daughter's room, he shut the door softly behind him and walked back down the hall.
         He stopped at Mackenzie's door and raised a hand, ready to knock, but something inside him made him stop. He sighed softly and chastised himself for even thinking of knocking on her door. She deserved her sleep. If there was anything he needed to talk to her about, it could wait until morning. Especially, if it had anything to do with that kiss of hers.
         He walked into his room and began to shed his clothing. He tossed them into the overstuffed chair by the fireplace. Just as he was pulling back the sheets and getting ready to climb into his bed, there was a knock at the door. Muttering to himself and grabbing his boxers and putting them on, he walked over to his door.
         When he opened the door, he spotted Mackie, and was almost shocked to see her. She was playing with a strand of her hair. She looked up at him when he had opened the door and had a mixed look of embarrassment and curiosity on her face.
         An amused look spread to his face. "Can I help you?"
         "Uh, yeah. I really really need to know if I went too far back there." She asked. Her eyes were dark and determined, and her hair looked like a stormy sunset.
         "Too far? When, back downstairs?" He watched as she nodded, and then he took a daring step forward. "How about I tell you when you go too far?" And this time he reached out and pulled her against him, lowering his lips down upon hers. One of his hands reached beneath her hair, to her nape and pulled her head softly backwards to help him deepen the kiss. The other was at the small of her back, splayed wide to help support her from falling.
         Mackenzie felt as though her whole body was on fire. She was feeling as though she had no idea what to do. It had been forever since she had felt this...excited over a man. She could feel her heart hammering in her chest and she felt her breath coming quicker, shorter.
         "You've done something to me, Mackenzie." He told her, bringing her hand to her chest. His heart was hammering as hard, if not harder, than hers. She flushed and smiled, remembering it had been a long time since had made a man's heart thump loudly in his chest.
         She looked deep into his eyes and flushed again. "Have I?" Her voice was trembling.
         "Yes, and I can't seem to control it."
         "Control what?"
         "My extreme attraction towards you."
         Her mouth was open and Victor just leaned in and kissed her. He felt the dam break as she wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss fully, deeply and with such passion that it almost drained him of his own energy. Both of his hands went into her thick mane of hair and pulled her closer to him as he explored more of her mouth.
         Without a word, Victor lifted Mackenzie into his arms. He gazed into her eyes and smiled. He kissed her again as he walked towards the bed. She was radiant, glowing, and definitely the most beautiful thing that he'd ever seen.
         Mackenzie felt like she was floating, like she was weightless. She couldn't remember the last time that she had felt this way. She didn't think she could, whether now in her current state, or ever. This man seemed to treasure her, and never before had she felt this way. When she felt her backside his the bed, she focused back on Victor and grinned as he loomed over her, with both hands on both side of her head.
         Smiling, she stared up at him. He drew one finger down the side of her face, down her jaw bone, and down to her chin. He leaned down and kissed her deeply and full of heart wrenching passion. She felt as if her nerves were on overdrive, as her whole body felt alive in ways she had never felt alive before. Her body was trembling, not from fear, but from a sensation that is undescribable. She felt great. She felt wonderful. She felt alive.
         Her stomach felt fluttery and her mind swam with thoughts that were incoherant and confusing, and she wasn't exactly sure what she was thinking. All she knew at the moment now was what was happening. She was afraid though. Afraid that she was too out of it, that she was too rusty in the act of love. She didn't want to disappoint him. She had once been terrific, wild. She was been a seductress in the ways of loving a man, but she was so out of shape, far from being what she used to be.
         He laid a gentle kiss on her brow. "I don't know what I'm feeling, I've felt this way before." He said suddenly, picking up a thick strand of her hair and toying with it.
         She took a gulp of air and swallowed it. "Me either. I...I don't know if this is even a good idea." She said suddenly, closing her eyes, wishing she hadn't opened her mouth.
         "And why is that?"
         "She looked up at him. "Because, I've never felt anything like this. Because I'm not sure I'm even good at this." She couldn't find the words to express how she felt.
         "Good at this? Mackenzie, dear, don't worry so much. You've done more than you think already, and we still have all of our clothes on." He tried to smile but frowned when he saw her face.
         She looked at him. Tears stung her eyes. "But, it's been forever since I've made a man feel the way you're feeling. I don't...I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm a virgin at this, like I've never done any of this before.
         "Then, let me reteach you. I bet once you get into it, it'll come back to you. I saw you earlier, Mackie. You were alive, you were feisty. I know that that part of you is still inside somewhere, you just have to release it. Don't be afraid of it. Don't be ashamed of it either. Is that what you are? Ashamed and afraid?"
         She placed her hands on his arms. "God, I don't know. Alex...I don't think I was what he wanted. He liked doing things that I wasn't comfortable with. We...it's been a long time since I've done this with any man. I just don't want to disappoint you. You probably have this whole vision of how perfect I am and I don't—"
         "Don't do that to yourself, Mackie. You're gorgeous, you're naturally sensual. You have nothing to worry about. So what if your rusty. I'll lead you, you can just flow through it, let your feelings, your instincts guide you." He laid a soft kiss to her temple and looked down at her.
         "I can't help it. I just would hate to disappoint you. You've been so great to me. So charming and polite. I've always liked you, Victor. Liked you more than any guy I've ever known, and I always wanted to be perfect for you. Now that I have you, I feel like I'm going to not only let you down, but let myself down."
         Victor smiled down at her. "You don't have to worry about letting me down, or not being perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself. You don't give yourself the credit you deserve."
         She laughed softly. "I used to give myself too much credit, now I hardly give myself any. When will I learn?"
         Grinning, Victor lifted her up more on the bed and leaned down to kiss her neck. He felt the shivers run through her body and he leaned back up to look at her. "How about now?" When she smiled, he knew he had won and when they coupled, it was as wild and as electrifying as he knew it would.

         The beginning of sunline began to stream through the windows and glitter upon the bed. It seemed to not only excrete light, but warmth as well. It was that, or the fact that she was still radiating the heat from the night before.
         Mackenzie stretched and yawned. She felt so happy and content with how things were at the moment. Never before, with any other man, had she ever felt like this. She smiled and snuggled against Victor's warm body.
         She rested her head against Victor's shoulder, and watched as his chest rose and fell softly. He was sleeping soundly and he looked as though he was at peace during his sleep. She smiled and nuzzled against him and closed her eyes and fell back asleep.
         It was later, when Victor awoke from his sleep. He felt good. His whole body felt good, along with his mind. He didn't think that he'd gotten such a good sleep in such a long time that he didn't know a sleep could even exist. He smiled as he turned his head slightly to see that Mackenzie had fallen asleep on his shoulder. She was laying on her side and the shape of her body was visible through the soft silk sheets. She was sleeping soundly and he could feel her soft breath against his shoulder.
         He glanced at the clock on the wall and noticed it was almost eight. Lizzy would be getting up soon for school and he wanted to make her breakfast.
         As he moved, to slide out of bed, Mackenzie lifted her head. A strand of hair fell down her face and she used her arms to lift her up. "What time is it?"
         "Almost eight. Go back to sleep, you don't have to get up yet."
         "No. It's okay. I'll get up." She stretched and climbed out of bed. "I'm so hungry. I hope that Maria makes good breakfast. A nice hearty breakfast."
         Victor chuckled as he put on a pair of jeans and a polo shirt. "I'm making breakfast this morning."
         She turned to him with a smile. She slipped on a pair of pajama shorts. "Really?" She tossed her shirt over her head and pulled it down. "Wow. Should I be afraid?" She giggled and ran her fingers through her hair.
         He laughed and shook his head as he buttoned two of the four buttons on the shirt. "Very funny, Mackenzie. Very funny."
         "You go hurry and make breakfast. Or at least try to. I'm going to go into my room and get dressed."
         He grinned as he went towards the door. "Don't make me have to come here and get you, Mackie."
         "I promise I'll hurry." She smiled and then followed him out of the room and over to her room next door. She noticed that her belongings (two small suitcases she had packed) had been brought to her room. They were laying on the end of the bed, closed and on their sides.
         She opened one of the suitcases and grabbed out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. After opening the other and grabbing out some under clothes, she shed her pajamas and changed quickly into her clothes.
         As she brushed her hair, she thought of Victor and the previous night and how he had made her feel. He had been right, everything had come back to her. She smiled and felt herself flush at just the thought of what they had done. It felt so right, so perfect. She couldn't believe that she had even been allowed to feel something so great.
         When she opened her door, she heard the sound of laughter in the kitchen and the smell of pancakes, bacon, pumpkin bread, and maple syrup. She smiled and suddenly felt like she belonged. She hoped that this was the beginning of a story she had dreamed of so long ago; that this was the castle and in the kitchen awaited her white knight ready to save her at any moments distress. Hopefully, she mused, that there would be a happily ever after. It would make everything complete and all of her dreams come true.


** Image ID #1076726 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2002 Bernie (msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/369986-Simply-Irresistible