*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/422900-A-little-Tale
by tmy
Rated: E · Article · Fantasy · #422900
this is a fantasy story in comtemporary settings(at least i'm trying to make it so)
PROLOGUE
The bird flew across the morning sky, its glimmering crimson feathers glistening in the sun, looking almost as if it was on fire.

It was not very large as birds come, but its sheer majestic grace seemed to silence the usual noisy chatter of the lesser fowls. In certain times such a bird would have caused an uproar among the humans, but in the present age just about no one takes their time to watch the sky and observe their surroundings, their observation and sense of curiosity blinded by their preoccupation with their mundane problems. So no one took notice when the legendary phoenix glided through the skies of Victoria Town.

The phoenix soared across the sky, apparently in search of something. Suddenly its glowing eyes widened, and it swooped down, seemingly having found what in came for.It perched on the windowsill of a modest little terrace house, and stared intently at the young toddler inside.The young boy started to cry, startled by this unknown being and its penetrating gaze. Then, abruptly, the phoenix burst into flames, and as its ashes scattered in the morning breeze, the child stopped crying and fell asleep, a contented smile on his face, as if something belonging to him has been returned after a long while. The door opened a crack, and the mother peeked in, made sure her son was alright, and closed the door gently behind her.(2 b cont'd)
© Copyright 2002 tmy (tmyi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/422900-A-little-Tale