*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/424711-300-Prophecies-s-289-end
Rated: ASR · Other · Religious · #424711
Old Testament prophecies #s 289 to the end fulfilled in Jesus Christ
289. (He came to divide those for Him from those against Him) KJV Micah 7:6 “For the son dishonors the father, the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man’s enemies are the men of his own house.”

KJV Matthew 10:34-38 “These twelve (disciples) Jesus sent forth,…saying…’Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I have come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. And A MAN FOE’S WILL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD. He that loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that does not take his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me.’”

290. (He would visit the second Temple) KJV Haggai 2:6-9 “For thus says the Lord of hosts; ‘yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations will come: and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘The glory of this latter house will be greater than of the former,’ says the Lord of hosts: ‘and in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts.”

NIV Luke 2:27-32 “Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: ‘Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.’"

291. (Descendant of Zerubbabel) NIV Haggai 2:23 "`On that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, `I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,' declares the LORD, `and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,' declares the LORD Almighty."

NIV Luke 3:23-27 “Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli…the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri…”

292. (God's servant) NIV Zechariah 3:8 "Listen, O high priest Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.”

NIV John 17:4 “(Jesus said to the LORD) I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.”
NIV Philippians 2:7 “…but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.”

293. (Priest and King) KJV Zechariah 6:12,13 “And speak to him, saying, ‘Thus speaks the Lord of hosts, saying, “Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he will grow up out of his place, and he will build the temple of the Lord: he will build the temple of the Lord; and he will bear the glory, and will sit and rule on his throne; and he will be a priest on his throne: and the counsel of peace will be between them both.”’”

NIV Hebrews 8:1 “The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven…”

294. (Greeted with rejoicing in Jerusalem) NIV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”

NIV Matthew 21:8-10 “A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, ‘Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!’ When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, ‘Who is this?’"

295. (Hailed as King) NIV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”

NIV John 12:12,13 “The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!’"

296. (The Messiah would be just) KJV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, your King comes to you: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding on an ass, and on a colt the foal of an ass.”

NIV John 5:30 “(Jesus said) By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.”

297. (The Messiah would bring salvation) NIV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”

NIV Luke 19:10 “(Jesus said) For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

298. (The Messiah would be humble) KJV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, your King comes to you: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding on an ass, and on a colt the foal of an ass.”

KJV Matthew 11:29 “(Jesus said) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you will find rest to your souls.”

299. (Presented to Jerusalem riding on a donkey) KJV Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, your King comes to you: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding on an ass, and on a colt the foal of an ass.”

KJV Matthew 21:1-9 “And when they drew near to Jerusalem, and had come to Bethphage, to the mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, ‘Go, into the village over against you, and straightway you shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them to me. And if any man say ought to you, you shall say, “The Lord has need of them; and straightway he will send them.”’ All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, ‘TELL THE DAUGHTER OF ZION, “BEHOLD, YOUR KING COMES TO YOU, MEEK, AND SITTING ON AN ASS, AND A COLT THE FOAL OF AN ASS.”’ And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, and brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, ‘Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.’”

300. (At His coming, Israel to have unfit leaders) KJV Zechariah 11:4-6 “Thus says the Lord my God; ‘Feed the flock of the slaughter; whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, “Blessed be the Lord; for I am rich”: and their own shepherds do not pity them. For I will pity the inhabitants of the land no more,’ says the Lord: ‘but, lo, I will deliver the men every one into his neighbor's hand, and into the hand of his king: and they will smite the land, and out of their hand I will not deliver them.’”

NIV Matthew 23:1-4 “Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: ‘The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.”

301. (His people’s rejection causes God to remove His protection) KJV Zechariah 11:4-6 " Thus says the Lord my God; ‘Feed the flock of the slaughter; whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, “Blessed be the Lord; for I am rich”: and their own shepherds do not pity them. For I will pity the inhabitants of the land no more,’ says the Lord: ‘but, lo, I will deliver the men every one into his neighbor's hand, and into the hand of his king: and they will smite the land, and out of their hand I will not deliver them.’”

NIV Luke 19:41-44 “As he (Jesus) approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, ‘If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies (when the Romans attacked Jerusalem in 70 A.D.) will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you.’”

302. (Rejected in favor of another king) KJV Zechariah 11:4-6 " Thus says the Lord my God; ‘Feed the flock of the slaughter; whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, “Blessed be the Lord; for I am rich”: and their own shepherds do not pity them. For I will pity the inhabitants of the land no more,’ says the Lord: ‘but, lo, I will deliver the men every one into his neighbor's hand, and into the hand of his king: and they will smite the land, and out of their hand I will not deliver them.’”

KJV John 19:13-15 “When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha. And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he said to the Jews, ‘Behold your King!’ But they cried out, ‘Away with him, away with him, crucify him.’ Pilate said to them, ‘Should I crucify your King?’ The chief priests answered, ‘We have no king but Caesar.’”

303. (Had a ministry for the "poor," the believing remnant) KJV Zechariah 11:7 “And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took to me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.”

NIV Matthew 9:35-37 “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.’”

304. (Pharisees’ unbelief forces Messiah to reject them) KJV Zechariah 11:8 “Three shepherds I also cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me.”

KJV Matthew 23:29 “(Jesus said) Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous…”
NIV Matthew 23:30-32 “And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!”
KJV Matthew 23:33 “You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?”

305. (Was despised) KJV Zechariah 11:8 “Three shepherds I also cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me.”

KJV Matthew 27:20 “But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.”

306. (Stops ministering to the those who rejected Him) NIV Zechariah 11:9 “…and said, ‘I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh.’"

NIV Matthew 13:10,11 “The disciples came to him and asked, ‘Why do you speak to the people in parables?’ He replied, ‘The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.’”

307. (Rejection causes God to remove protection) KJV Zechariah 11:10,11 “And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited on me knew that it was the word of the Lord.”

NIV Luke 19:41-44 "As he (Jesus) approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, ‘If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies (when the Romans attacked Jerusalem in 70 A.D.) will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you.’”

308. (Betrayed for thirty pieces of silver; rejected) NIV Zechariah 11:12,13 “I told them, ‘If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.’ So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, ‘Throw it to the potter’--the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.”

NIV Matthew 26:14-16 “Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--went to the chief priests and asked, ‘What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?’ So they counted out for him thirty silver coins. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.”

309. (Thirty pieces of silver thrown into the house of the Lord) NIV Zechariah 11:12,13 “I told them, ‘If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.’ So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, ‘Throw it to the potter’--the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.”

NIV Matthew 27:3-5 “When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. ‘I have sinned,’ he said, ‘for I have betrayed innocent blood.’ ‘What is that to us?’ they replied. ‘That's your responsibility.’ So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.”

310. (The Messiah's body would be pierced) NIV Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.”

NIV John 19:34-37 “Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: ‘Not one of his bones will be broken,’ and, as another scripture says, ‘THEY WILL LOOK ON THE ONE THEY HAVE PIERCED.’"

311. (It was God's will that He died for mankind) NIV Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me!" declares the LORD Almighty. “Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn my hand against the little ones.”

NIV John 18:11 “Jesus commanded Peter, ‘Put your sword away! Will I not drink the cup the Father has given me?’"

312. (Suffered a violent death) KJV Zechariah 13:7 “Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, says the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered: and I will turn my hand on the little ones.”

NIV Matthew 27:35 “When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.”

313. (Both God and man) NIV Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me!" declares the LORD Almighty. “Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn my hand against the little ones.”

NIV John 14:9-11 “Jesus answered: ‘Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, “Show us the Father”? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.’”

314. (Israel/His disciples scattered as a result of rejecting Him) NIV Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me!" declares the LORD Almighty. “Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn my hand against the little ones.”

NIV Matthew 26:31-56 “Then Jesus told them, ‘This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: "I WILL STRIKE THE SHEPHERD, AND THE SHEEP OF THE FLOCK WILL BE SCATTERED.” But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.’ Peter replied, ‘Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.’ ‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.’ But Peter declared, ‘Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.’ And all the other disciples said the same. Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, ‘Sit here while I go over there and pray.’ He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, ‘My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.’ Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.’ Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. ‘Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?’ he asked Peter. ‘Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.’ He went away a second time and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.’ When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, ‘Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!’ While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: ‘The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.’ Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, ‘Greetings, Rabbi!’ and kissed him. Jesus replied, ‘Friend, do what you came for.’ Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. ‘Put your sword back in its place,’ Jesus said to him, ‘for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?’ At that time Jesus said to the crowd, ‘Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.’ Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.”

315. (A messenger to prepare the way for the Messiah) KJV Malachi 3:1 “Behold, I will send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me…”

KJV Matthew 11:7-10 “…Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John (the Baptist), ‘What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses. But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yea, I say to you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, “BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER BEFORE YOUR FACE, WHICH SHALL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.”’”

316. (Sudden appearance at the temple) NIV Malachi 3:1 "’See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,’" says the LORD Almighty.”

NIV Mark 11:15,16 “On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts.”

317. (Messenger of the new covenant) NIV Malachi 3:1 "’See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,’" says the LORD Almighty.”

NIV Luke 4:43,44 “But he said, ‘I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.’ And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea.”

318. (Forerunner of Christ in the spirit of Elijah) KJV Malachi 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.”

KJV Matthew 11:11-14 “…Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John, ‘Surely I say to you, among them that are born of women there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you will receive it, this is Elijah, which was to come.”
KJV Matthew 17:10-13 “And his disciples asked him, saying, ‘Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?’ And Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Truly, Elijah shall come first, and restore all things. But I say to you, that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but have done to him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall the Son of man suffer of them also.’ Then the disciples understood that he spoke to them of John the Baptist.”

319. (Christ’s forerunner would turn many to righteousness) NIV Malachi 4:6 “He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

NIV Luke 1:13,16,17 “But the angel said to him: ‘Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John…Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS TO THEIR CHILDREN and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.’”
© Copyright 2002 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/424711-300-Prophecies-s-289-end