*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/458059-The-Love-of-My-Life
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #458059
He was my first love, and I carried His picture everywhere.
The Love of My Life
By Marilyn Mackenzie


My friend Jesus



When I was a kid, I carried a picture of Jesus in my purse. He was my first love, and I carried His picture everywhere.

Some would think I'm a fanatic. I don't look at it that way. I think if you love someone, you want him or her to be a part of your every day. You want others to like and get to know your love too. You want to tell people about your love. You want to share your life with your love, by talking with him or being with him. And, like I did as a child, you want to carry your love’s picture with you.

This really isn't so weird. A woman who has a wonderful new romantic love wants to tell everyone. She wants to talk with him as much as possible. Perhaps they'll talk during work breaks. Perhaps they'll exchange emails throughout the day. If they become engaged, she'll want to show everyone the ring that declares his love for her and her love for him. She'll want to show his picture around.

Grandparents carry pictures of their grandkids with them. And they proudly give detailed accounts of what accomplishments their grandkids have made – from taking their first steps, to playing softball, to graduation and fantastic job offers. They love their grandkids and want to share them with the world.

Perhaps not everyone wants to share Jesus as much as I do. That’s not surprising. Perhaps some have never fallen so deeply in love as I have. Or perhaps some have allowed that “first love feeling” to die, much like many allow that same feeling to die in their marriage relationships. Or perhaps some have a quieter way of sharing and aren't comfortable with my attitude of wanting to shout from the rooftops!

But my enthusiasm for Jesus doesn't make me crazy or wrong. When I love someone – a spouse, a parent, a child, or Jesus – I want to be with them. I want to share them with the world, or tell the world what they have done. I want to share words they've written.

The Bible talks about writing His words on your heart or even eating them. That means to digest His word so much that it becomes a part of you. That’s what I set out to do as a child. Jesus is a part of my life, and He’s someone I want to share with the world!

God’s word says that I should “delight in His commands.” It tells me that I should be ready to explain why I believe what I do. The only way I can possibly be able to do those things is to read God’s word regularly and to talk with God, and expect answers.

The Bible says I'm supposed to share what I know about Jesus with the world around me. But even if it weren't written that I should do so, I'd want to do that anyway. Because I love Jesus, and have since I was a very young child, I want everyone to know the Jesus I know. I want them to understand why I love Him.

Especially in our world today, many people need encouraging. God’s word can be an encouragement to many. Besides, on Judgment Day, I don't want to discover that I missed telling my next door neighbor, my co-worker, or my best friend about Jesus, just because I thought they already knew.

I guess there’s not much chance of that, though, at least with the way I've been for over 40 years. I love Jesus and want everyone to know!





Luke 10:27 And he answered, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself. " NAS
© Copyright 2002 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/458059-The-Love-of-My-Life