*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/467038-Tales-From-Manitou-Island
Rated: 13+ · Folder · Fantasy · #467038
Short tie-in stories to the Manitou Island serial.
TITLE: Various

GENRES: Various, mainly fantasy/mythology.

RATING: 13+ and below

SUMMARY: Here you may find short "tie-in" stories related to my serial, "Manitou Island. Many of them take place long before the serial itself, and are "genesis" stories of how the different characters came to be the way they are in the serial. Many of them do not feature spoilers since there is such a big gap in time, but just in case one ever does, do not worry; I will include ample warning in the author's note so you can shy away! These stories are very loosely based on the native Ojibwa (Chippewa) mythology which is the basis of the serial. Much of it is also of my own creation. If you want to know more, you can see the serial, or just check out the short stories.

WRITING STATUS: Completed.

WRITING DATE: Various.

LENGTH: Various.

CONTENT WARNINGS: Various; please see individual items.

COPYRIGHT: These stories and all characters, unless otherwise stated in the Disclaimers, are copyright © tehuti_88 and may not be used or distributed without permission. The reader is free to print out or download a copy of these stories for offline reading as long as the author's copyright information remains upon them. Please do not distribute; if you wish to share these stories, send a link to this page.

DISCLAIMERS: Ocryx and his "species" are © the Haunted Theatre of Mackinac Island. Certain characters such as Manabozho are from Ojibwa mythology. Although aspects of these stories are loosely based on Ojibwa mythology and culture, artistic license has been taken as these are FANTASY stories. Please take note that some of these stories were written long ago and that my writing style and understanding of the mythology I created have changed vastly in the meantime.

ADDITIONAL INFO: NA

RELATED STORIES: "Manitou Island (serial), "Return To Manitou Island (serial), "Escape From Manitou Island (serial)

REVIEW REQUEST: The author greatly appreciates any reviews and comments, as these let me know that people are actually reading. Please do not assume that I must get lots of comments and don't need any more, or that you as a reader have nothing worth saying, as this is not so. Be aware that I am NOT seeking publication for these stories, and am not seeking literary criticism to improve my writing style, but am interested primarily in entertaining readers, so comments on plot, characterization, what the reader finds interesting or confusing, etc., are most appreciated. If you have any questions about anything in the writing feel free to ask.

CONTENTS: "Fly Away Home || "Unleashed || "A Bad Wind Rising || "Hatred's Birth || "Manabozho & The Maples || "Chance Meeting || "Reawakening || "Alpha & Beta || "Daughter Of The Demon || "Return To Me || "Demon's Seed || "Stranger In A Strange Land || "Rainbowbringer || "Homeward Bound || "Winter Born || "Birthright || "The Prize || More to come

PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> The Manitou Island Series -> Fiction -> Tales From Manitou Island
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/467038-Tales-From-Manitou-Island