*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/507028-The-Lonely-Purple-Rose
Rated: E · Poetry · Nature · #507028
The story of a single purple rose among the others in a field.
In the field of all sorts of flowers stood this purple rose that remains lonely.
The chrysanthemums, lilies, pansies, and even some other rose bushes plus wildflowers along the way have more than one flower on each but not so for the lonely purple rose.
The story was told to me this way: Among all the flowers planted even some other colors of roses each thrived taking root and becoming full.
The planter of these flowers had one more rose bush, the lonely purple rose. In the middle of the huge field of flowers this was planted to itself.
In other words, the planter became tired from the others he had planted and just put the lonely purple rose bush to fill up space along the other flowers. He didn't even think it would grow.
Having watched over the other's he pretty much left the lonely purple rose alone.
Nature's own gardner took case of the purple rose where it became the tallest rose bush in the field.
Left alone and abandoned by the human planter, nature made it to be the prettiest rose bush. It caused travlers everywhere to see it as they passed. When a vehicle would be rounding the curve over to the right of them they could see the lonely purple rose towering over the rest. Attracting attention from the vacationers all over news spread about the lonely purple rose which really wasn't lonely anymore, but the rest of the field of flowers were because they had become commonplace, but not so for the lonely purple rose. You see it was the only rose that grew on the rose bush.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/507028-The-Lonely-Purple-Rose