*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/703638-Letter-to-Paul
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #703638
An emotional letter to my brother, who hates me.
Dear Paul,
         This is a letter that is very hard to write. I guess it is in response to the e-mail you sent to me two years ago. When you sent that, I was quite shocked. How dare you!
         I am not going to lower myself to your level by calling names. Instead, I will tell you that you also have made some nasty mistakes in YOUR life. This are mistakes that, obviously, our parents chose not to discipline you for.
         You have never been there for me. You have always resented me. I could never figure out why. The fact that I was born with all of these disabilities was not MY choosing. I always wished that something would happen to you or someone close to you so catastrophic that it would make you stop and think. Hopefully, it would make you appreciate what you have been blessed with.
         I thank God every day that your children, Trevor and Sarah, are perfectly normal. I would NEVER wish anything bad to happen to them. I love both of them dearly. I wish I could have a closer relationship with them. I know that I can't because of distance, but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING stopping you or Linda from coming here for a visit. You just choose not to. Why is that? They have a cousin, Matthew, whom they should be able to get to know.
         The fact that Mom and Dad made you executor of their estate was the worst choice they ever made. I know that if they choose not to rectify this, you will find some way to cut me out of my rightful inheritance. You know that I don't have the financial resources to fight you, if this happens.
         Just remember that if that does happen, WE will not have ANY type of a relationship left. I'm sure that you won't be crying in your beer about that.
I could rant and rave about all the wrongs that YOU did to me just like you did in the e-mail you sent me. But, like I said, I will not stoop that low. The one thing I do have to ask is: Why did you choose to continue the cycle of abuse that our father continued with us? He hardly laid a hand on you. You WERE and still ARE his pride and joy.
         The last thing I will say to you is that when your children reach the age of majority, they can seek me,as well as, John and Matthew out to re-establish a relationship. If they do this, we will welcome them with open arms.

Sincerely,
Denise
© Copyright 2003 Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade (shadowpup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/703638-Letter-to-Paul