*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/862294-A-music-but-not-a-song
Rated: E · Appendix · Other · #862294
It is the story about the girl who forgets her past.
A music but not a song
By: Seiya Tai Rowanne


I opened my eyes in the crowded room at the hospital. There, I saw two persons at my front. I looked to them straight and asked, “Who am I? Why am I here?” They gave me a honest reply. They said that I am Theresa Roshville and they are my parents. They said that I survived the car accident in Manhattan. The kind people brought me here. I’m in a critical condition for a week. Fortunately, I managed to open my eyes after the incident. I felt much pain on my head. They decided to leave me for a while. When they were out, I’ve think deeply. I kept on asking to myself “Am I really Theresa? Why do I have this strange feeling that I’m not.” I slowly opened my eyes and took my rest.
A week after, I felt much better since then. They decided to bring me in they’re house. We were finally arrived. I saw a big house on my front. I felt that this was my first time to see it but they said that I’ve been in this house since I was born. I entered my room. There, I lied on my bed. As I lie on it, I felt that this was my first time to sleep on this wide and soft bed but I said to myself maybe because I’m on the hospital for weeks, I forgot the feeling of lying on my own bed. I stood up and take a look on myself in the mirror. Again, I asked myself that question kept on bothering my mind.

The beautiful Monday came. I went to my school. In my classroom, I met Sandy, Joanna and Katrina. They said that they were my best friends in the campus. A handsome man came near to me. His name is Thomas Gonzales. They said that he was my boyfriend.
A day after, I feel greatly contented than I am. This was the start of the day that I could say “Yes! I’m Theresa Roshville and I’m proud of what I am”. It was also the day when I knew Thomas much as I could, I discover that he was very kind and thoughtful man like they always said. Maybe that’s why he became special to me. He is a type of person who is easy to fall in love with. The days were complete with him by my side.
The teacher in arts gave us an activity. She gave the order to finish this painting. In just 30 minutes, I accomplished it as I expected. She immediately took a look on my work. I’m very surprised when she said “Fabulous! You’re excellent as is.” Her words stayed on my mind. It encouraged me to do more of it.

One day, Thomas took me on his favorite place. There, I saw a wide green field coated with many flowers. I continuously breathe the fresh air while looking at the blue sky. I decided to paint there. When I’m done, I heard a strange voice saying “Please! Get out and leave me alone.

All my work was displayed at the very famous museum in the city. I am too speechless because for me, it is a great honor to see all of these in this prestigious place. We had our big dinner with the high-class people. I saw two men talking. I accidentally heard what they said. They were talking about the borrowed gun. The word BORROW, It was too familiar to me. I thought that I have a thing I borrowed that until now, I didn’t return. I kept on thinking what it is but I couldn’t find the answer. My head ached again. Thomas brought me home.

November 8, 1999, Thomas and his friend invite me to their outing at Hawaii. It sounds very exciting so, I go with them. When we were here, I assured myself to spend all of my time in this wonderful beach. I was thinking that maybe It was my last time to see this place and it will never happen again. The sun dropped on the far island over there. Everybody made a decision to stay here for a whole night. I was not tired that yet so I went to the beach and sat on the sand. Unknowingly, Thomas followed me. He was not sleepy like me. He sat near to me. We both looked the dark sky filled with silver glitters that makes it much beautiful than ever. He spoke “You know what, I more like the present Theresa sitting beside me than Theresa in the past. To tell you the truth, you’ve changed a lot but this makes me love more than ever.” We stood up and took our sweet kiss. This is the most memorable night in my life.

But this was not yet over, the next night he invited me to watch a stage play. I fixed myself over and over again to be perfect in his sight. It was not a waste of time because he noticed my very glamorous appearance. We both entered the way thru the theater and took our sits. The stage play that night was entitled as “Her soul by Mark Ragin.” It was about a soul who entered the nurse body to be with her love forever.

Since I saw that scene, my memory came back. Yah! I’m just a soul like her who wants to be human for a single time. That’s why there is a voice kept on saying me to leave her alone. She meant to say that I should leave her body. I remember that the thing I borrowed is her body and until now, I didn’t return it to her. When all of these were back on my mind, my tears continuously flowed. The play finished and it’s the time for him to send me home. Yes, It is the time to make my last goodbye.

When, I’m now standing in my home, I quickly walked away from him. So, I may not feel much pain. But he called me once again I suddenly stopped. My feet were heavy that I couldn’t manage to make one step move. I turned my head and looked to him. He said “I love you”. It was his last words before I go. I ran to him and embraced him tighter as I can. I kept on praying that the time stops and let me be with him just this time. But it can’t be, he is not for me and not ever in my life. I released my hands and said “I love you! I will never forget you”. I slowly entered the house. I heard his cars engine. The sound became far and far. Again, my tears fell down. Goodbye Thomas! Goodbye!
The time came that I need to be separated from this body and allow the owner to used it again. But before that, she said “thanks” to me. I said in return that she is lucky. She should treasure what she has right now. I lied her body on the bed and exchange our places.

I went to Thomas’ most favorite place and there, waited the sun to rise. A bright light came to my sight. This is the signal that I should leave this world. The stairs appeared. I stepped up. When I was at the top, I took my last look on the Earth. I kept on saying to myself that I will never ever forget my memories to this places. I will kept on taking my reminisce that even in short period of time, I felt to be an human. I will treasure it forever.

At the top, the little angels were waiting me. I ran and played with them afterwards.




© Copyright 2004 Seiya Tai Rowanne (rowanne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/862294-A-music-but-not-a-song