*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/904009-Dating-Ken
by Shaara
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #904009
The senior initiated her into his world. She wasn't prepared, nor was he ...
For
The Stake & Garlic Vampire Contest  (13+)
Write about vampires! :-)
#377129 by Jenn


Write a story about a person who is in the "transition" phase of vampirism; someone who is becoming a vampire.




Dating Ken




Ken took me to a drive-in on our first date. I’d never been to one. They were showing scary movies that night. I moved closer, and when the film became too violent, I shut my eyes, and lay my head against his chest.

It was then he bent over and bit me. I started to scream. The pain was an eruption, but at the moment of the highest intensity, I orgasmed.

I’d never done that before. That night was a series of firsts. I was too embarrassed to discuss any of it. Ken drove me home silently, long before the movie was over.

The next time Ken asked me out, I refused. I didn’t want his lips and teeth on me, even if he was the most popular kid at school. But then his eyes turned funny, and I couldn’t look away. They were normally such an incredible blue, yet, as I stared into them, they turned red as neon lights.

“Yes," I said. “I will go out with you.”

Ken took me to the beach that night. The moon was full and perfectly round. We lit a campfire and roasted marshmallows. He ate none, but he drank some dark burgundy wine and encouraged me to sip it.

When I reached for the bottle, he dropped it down into the sand and pulled me into his arms. Then he bit me again. Once more I felt fulfillment along with the pain, but I was not silent that time. I slapped him the moment he let me go.

“How, dare you,” I cried out. “Why did you do that?”

“But you liked it, Veronica. And you want it again. I can tell by the desire in your eyes.”

I didn’t want anything but to rise up and run away from him. But Ken was stronger than me. He threw me down into the cold, soft sand, and his teeth bit me on the other side of my neck. This time, his bite and his sucking went on and on, and it brought me to the heights and then dropped me without any release. I was so frustrated, I groaned and moaned and wept.

“Shall I bring you delight?” Ken asked, lifting up and staring down into my eyes. “And the big question is: should I bring you into the fold, or empty you like a toothpaste tube I’m squeezing flat and tossing out with the garbage?”

I didn’t know what Ken was talking about, but his eyes made me cry out, “Take me. Make me yours.”

He laughed evilly. But instead of his mockery turning me away, it reinforced my need. I reached down and cupped him. He was hard and ready.

I thought he'd pull down his pants, but he didn't. Instead he lowered himself over me and bit me a fourth time, and he drank me again.

I cannot tell you what the ecstasy of those moments were like. My body heaved and eclipsed. Then I soared upward. I skimmed the moon and flew among the stars.

Afterward, when Ken had shown me many different pleasures and our blood had finally cooled, I wept.

“Those will be your last tears, my dear,” Ken told me. “You will be transitioning for the next forty-eight hours into a vampire. For I found you quite tasty, my little freshman. I supped four times on you, not just thrice. And each time I held back and did not drain you completely. Do you know what that means?"

I shook my head, too caught up in my sobs to even look at him.

Ken's hand petted my head. "It means, little Veronica, that I have brought you into our fold. Listen to me now," he demanded, and there was something in his voice which made me look up and stare with wonder at his eyes. "You will not go to school tomorrow, my dear. You will stay home and take a sick day. You won't be faking, my dear. Believe me, you will be sick.”

Ken drove me home early again that night. My parents were all smiles. They thought Ken was the best thing since peanut butter sandwiches.

I gave my folks a fleeting half-smile, told them I wasn’t feeling well, and went to bed. But I couldn't sleep. The moon was staring down at me. Its single, yellow eye, judging me, warning me, even smiling at my stupidity.

I borrowed my parents’ medical book when they were finally asleep. I read up about AIDS and pregnancy. Ken and I had taken no precautions against either of them. I vowed to myself that I'd make a doctor's appointment the next day. Maybe a morning after pill would prevent the latter problem. The first one could not be undone. And the worst of it was that I'd known that Ken was a traveler among the girls at school.

I cursed my idiocy. I rampaged against his experience and my lack of it. I screamed silent lamentations and sobbed tearlessly into my pillow. Then I fell asleep pondering Ken's strangeness over the vampire bit. Did he really believe all that?

When my mother woke me in the morning, I had just slipped off into sleep. It was almost sunrise, and the sky was red flames. Without thought, I bolted off my bed and pulled the drapes closed. There would be no more "catching the rays" for me; at least that’s what Ken had told me. I laughed at my silliness.

Later on, my mother came in to find out why I hadn't come down for breakfast. She felt my forehead when I told her I felt sick.

“You do feel hot," she said. "I wonder if I should call the doctor?” She glanced at her watch and stood in the doorway, tapping her foot.

“It's just the flu, Mom. It’s going around. You and Dad go to work. I’ll be fine. I’m not a baby anymore, you know.”

“I know,” she said, nodding in her latest 'tolerant parent' manner. “All right, dear. Go back to sleep. I hope you feel better soon," she told me and turned to leave.

I flopped backward, laying my head on the pillow. The light in the room, even with the drapes closed, hurt my eyes.

“Mom,” I called out. “Could you please close my blinds?”

I pulled the blankets over my head as she went to the window. I listened to the sound of the blinds being pulled down. In a moment, the light was less. I folded back the blankets.

About nine o’clock, nausea hit me. I threw up all the marshmallows and the dinner I’d eaten the night before. Lying back, weak and trembling, I covered myself up with all the spare blankets I kept under the bed. I was still cold as ice.

Around ten the doorbell rang. “Come in,” I tried to call out weakly, but I knew that the door was locked. That didn’t stop Ken. He bounded up the stairs, calling out my name until he found my room.

“Have you thrown up the food, yet?” he asked first thing.

I nodded. I was too sick to do more.

“Good. I drank a quart of blood a couple of hours ago. It should be aged just right for you by now. You must bite me now, my pretty lady.”

“No, I’m too sick," I told him, groaning. "And besides, that’s gross. I don’t want to be a vampire. I just want to be normal.”

Ken laughed. “Too late, my sweet Veronica. You have passed the borders into a new world. We don't offer round-trip tickets, only one-way.”

He sat down on the bed beside me. Then he wrapped his arms around me, lifted me, and placed my lips at his neck. “You’ll feel better as soon as you start, my sweet, little freshman. Lick my skin and plunge. Your body will take over from there, just like it did last night and the other nights. You were made for vampire love.”

His laugh echoed in my ear. I wanted to shut him out. I wanted to lie back against my pillow, but his skin smelled so good; he reeked of fresh blood. I licked his neck. He moaned. I knew that sound. It was the sound of our lust.

“Yes,” he cried out, as I tasted him. “Bite me, bite me. Now.”

So, I sank my teeth down through the layers. It was just like biting into a warm chocolate chip cookie. My mouth puckered with the sweet, deliciousness of it. I sucked and swallowed and savored the taste of him.

I didn’t want to quit when he ordered me to do so. He jerked away. “Why, you viper girl,” Ken laughed. “Let me keep some blood so I'll have the energy to fly off for more tonight.”

I shrugged, feeling slightly better. Then Ken warmed the coldness of my body, and we slept until the door banged downstairs.

“Veronica, are you feeling better?” my mother called out.

I opened my eyes and stared into Ken’s. He only laughed. “She can't see me. Don't worry,” he said, clutching me against his chest so I couldn't move out of his hold.

The door burst open, and there stood my mother. “You look like death warmed over,” she said to me. “Didn’t you sleep at all?”

Her eyes were staring right at me, and Ken was correct; she apparently couldn’t see him. I sighed nervously. “I threw up most of the day. It’s the flu for sure.”

“Poor, Veronica,” my mother consoled me, but she cautiously did not enter my room. “Do you want anything to eat or drink?”

“I just need to sleep,” I told her, irritated with Ken because he kept touching me in places that he shouldn't -- at least, not with my mother standing there.

When my mom left, Ken continued to play, tickling me and probing, but I couldn’t relax enough to let him advance. “My mother will hear,” I kept protesting.

Ken laughed, shook his head at me, and then stood up and began to dress in all black clothing. I realized then that he'd always worn that color. Why hadn't I noticed before?

I was also thinking how I'd actually drunk blood and wondering if vampirism could be for real.

“Don’t come to school tomorrow,” Ken warned me. “You’ll still be too weak. I’ll drop by after my classes and give you some Daytime Tonic, but I’ll have to take you out for a good feed first. Want to go tonight, just to watch?”

I shook my head. "Watch you drink somebody's blood? You're not actually going to KILL somebody are you?"

Ken laughed gently, his hand caressing my face. “Sweet Veronica,” he said, “You’re my favorite recruit so far. I’m enjoying your transition immeasurably.”

Being compared with others didn't go down well with me. I pouted as Ken got up and turned to go.

“Darn,” I said suddenly, as he started to open the window. “Can't you bring me some Day Tonic tonight? I have to go to the doctor's tomorrow and get one of those morning after pills.”

Ken turned around and looked at me. Then he bent over in a spasm of laughter. "Such innocence," he laughed. "How delightful.”

He strode back to me and once more sat down on my bed. “Veronica, honey, you don't need to worry about birth control. You can't get pregnant. You’re a vampire, remember?”

“I can't? You really believe that?"

Ken shook his head, as if in disbelief, then he smoothed back my hair. "Such sweetness. I shall enjoy all the more corrupting you."

"What about AIDS? Have you had a test?” I asked, sitting up suddenly.

Again Ken shook his head. “You just don’t get it, freshman. Like I said, you’re a vampire now. You don't have to worry about AIDS. You can't get that. You can’t get silly, little common colds either. Nor the flu. You won’t be getting any diseases because you're immune to everything. You see, you’re going to live forever. That’s the whole vampire trip, you know? Nice advantage, don't you think?”

The vampire thing was starting to sink in. I’d never paid much attention to the lore surrounding such beings, but I remembered that thing about living forever.

"What about mirrors and garlic?” I asked.

“Hollywood, Veronica. You won’t be eating food, but if you could still eat lasagna and spaghetti, garlic wouldn’t bother you. From now on, it's blood only. Got that?

"And mirrors?" he said, twisting his head so he could admire his hair in the full-length mirror next to my closet. "They’re actually rather nice to us. We always look good in them, you know. Vampires never have a bad day."

Ken gave one final pat to his perfectly styled hair and turned back to me. "Now, photos, darling, are a bit difficult. Sometimes we get red eye," he said, opening his eyes wider so I could see the reddish glint of them. "You have to make sure the flash hits you just right."

Ken strode over to the mirror to check his eyes. His hands smoothed out the long, sleek line of his black satin shirt, and he undid his belt and slid the buckle more precisely to the middle. When he finished that, he repositioned his crouch, shifting his package slightly.

Then he looked down at me and smiled. "All in all, Veronica, you’ll find that being a vampire is quite delightful. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. I've got to get home now, baby. I have homework, so don’t go turning into a bat until I give you lessons, okay? Bye, sweetie.”

I thought Ken meant the part about the bats as a joke, but when he went through the window, he changed, and I saw his wings flutter him upward into the sky.

Dad came up a little while later. He peeked into my room. “You look rather pale,” he said. “Need anything?”

I shook my head. “Just give me another day at home, and I’ll be fine.”

He nodded, said "good night, and left.

I sure hoped I was correct in telling my father I'd be ready to go back on Wednesday, and I had a really big test in Algebra on Thursday. I wondered if being a vampire gave me any intellectual bonus. I'd have to ask Ken about that.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was up and about, my stomach growling a bit, when Ken dropped in the next afternoon.

“Wow! Your hunger is tigerish,” he said. “I can feel it from the doorway. Take a drop from me. That should last you until it’s dark outside.”

There was no politeness in my seizing Ken's neck that day. I took to him like an alcoholic to an offered bottle. Then I sucked his blood like it was the last few drops of liquid in a desert oasis.

“Whoa,” Ken said, pulling away. “You are one sexy babe.”

Ken satisfied my other hungers, then, but I was still licking my lips, my eyes on the throbbing of his jugular.

He was aware of my hunger but more playful than concerned. “Wait, Veronica. Wait until it's dark. Then I’ll show you the sweetness of fresh blood.”

My parents came home a little while later. They looked in on me. Of course, they didn't see Ken, although he stuck his tongue out at them.

Mom brought me up some dinner. I thanked her, even though it stank of rotten worms. I flushed whatever it was down the toilet.

After my folks bid me goodnight and darkness crept into the room, Ken and I climbed up onto the windowsill. “Look up at the stars, at the clouds, and the blackness of sky. It’s all yours, Veronica. Change with me, and we’ll fly into the night.”

It took no more effort than a blink of an eye. Transformation was a breeze. My wings at first seemed heavy, but as we soared upward, I adjusted to their weight. Without a squeak of complaint, I flapped them in rhythm with Ken’s more experienced beat.

First, we explored the town park where he said there were often winos, but we saw none. Then we both spotted a man on a bike pedaling quickly to his destination. Ken swooped, landed on the man's back, and bit before the biker had a chance to stop.

The smell of the blood drew me downward. I landed on the man's chest, and then, greedily pushing Ken aside, I drank to completion.

I should have felt guilt, but I didn’t. My meal just gave me such a rush of strength and the lust for more that I seized Ken by the neck, secured him, and without changing form, bit and sucked. Ken squirmed and flailed, and then seeing that he couldn't get away from me, screeched like a wounded praire dog. For a pretty boy, he was amazingly juicy and as delicious as sweet potato pie. I sucked him dry of every drop of life force.

Ken had been very wrong about the flavor of fresh blood, for he was far tastier than the biker. I thought about the long list of the vampire crowd that Ken had given me: all the cheerleaders, the high school’s top students, the whole in-crowd. As I flew home, I licked my lips.

There would be many future parties, football games, and locker room suckings. And, then there was the nearby college, where the brightest of the brightest had initiated Ken.

When at last I lay my head down on my pillow, I smiled, and that night, for the first time, I dreamed in the lovely hues and textures of dark crimson red.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









© Copyright 2004 Shaara (shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/904009-Dating-Ken